cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info on email change for PM account

sosamosa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is the process if you need to change your PM account email? I know it requires contacting a mod but other than that does anyone know roughly how long it takes and what the process entails? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I changed my Dads Tuesday. I changed on self serve and pm'd a mod. Turn around was excellent. Signed in under new email lickety split.

yvrRome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I actually emailed support a month ago about this and they sent me instructions on how to change my email in selfserve. It is basically changing your username. I've done it a week or so ago and my profile shows my updated email.

@imm1304 @sosamosa Changing username under the Plans and Add-on page DOES create a new account login username instantly but does not update your Profile email address.

After such a change only a moderator can modify the Profile address to match the account username. I have done this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @sosamosa

Yes, I read that notice on the change unsername page as well.

To the best of my knowledge, that is the only place where you can change the email associated with your account.  That notice may have been a leftover from an older time period.  

However, we can always ask our supermod, @Shazia_K, to conculsively comment on this.  

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sosamosa

PM a mod and they will get it done. I believe the turaround time is pretty good now.

sosamosa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @imm1304 thanks for replying!

On the change username page it says:

Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile.

If I wanted to change the email address for the account then I would need the attention of a mod correct?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @sosamosa,

Sign into selfserve at:  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Click on the MY Profile tab and then "Change username".  

This should work instantly.  

josephcommerce
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think it should be instance...

if anything problem.

Please send msg to one of the MOD.

See which one is online and send a msg to them.

Hope this help.

@sosamosaTo answer your question, it is the only way to change your email.  Their my account doesnt have email change function.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think it is pretty much instantaneous once a moderator is on the case. 

Need Help? Let's chat.