cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

drewswerd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've also got this 'Activation failed request processed' error when i was going through filling out the forms.. was hoping to wait it out but there's been no changes so far and it's been about 5 hours since.. Can I get some support to get this fixed?  I want to port two numbers and don't want to do my second until this gets fixed.

Please help!

Andrew

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@misterp For some people, where payment went through, try sticking your SIM card into your phone, there's a chance it may work.  

Edit nvm didn't see you tried it already.

misterp
Hi. I successfully ported two numbers in the past few weeks but had issues yesterday with my last one. I got all the way to the end and got an error telling me to return to the activation page and try again. When I tried that, the SIM car number was no longer being accepted as valid. I checked my credit card and I was charged $120 bucks as if it went through but I've got no service and no self-serve account to log in to. I tried emailing but haven't received a reply yet. Ported in from telus.

gunmetalgrey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just tried activating a new SIM and getting a temporary new number about an hour ago. Sim still shows "No Service" when plugged into my phone. I'm assuming this is due to Public Mobile activation issues? My account was created and shows status as active when I log into the self - serve.

Thanks

Jason

Tra
I have the same problem and now I can't use my phone and the problem is not solve!

dtty87

@Jeremy_M

@Mary

Hi Dave and everyone else. 

There seems to be an issue with the Public Mobile system. I've been having problems logging into my account lately, and the site was down yesterday evening for maintenance. 

I was able to activate my SIM last week but have not had any success porting my koodo number over to PM through the self-help process. All the attempts have been met with a "We are having problems with this request, please contact Public Mobile for further assistance". I requested assistance on Wednesday last week and also contacted a Moderater. I've since sent in a second request for help on the PM website, but have not heard back.

Can the Moderators let us know whether the system is up and running properly, whether they're behind with requests, or whether there's a delay for some techincal reason.

It's not fair to paying customers to tell us that we will have our requests answered within 48 hour, but then to not acknowledge our requests at all aside from the canned response saying they'll get back in 48 hours. 

Thanks

daveccrit

I tried activating my sim card, and the process errored out right after submitting my payment information. It told me to contact support, which I did and am waiting a reply (From yesterday even, not even sure your form is working) My public mobile account was not created, however, the porting process apparently did go through and now I can't use my phone. I tried activating again, but it said invalid sim. I tried a different sim, and it says I can't port that phone number. Need some help please.

Tra
Try to activate my account but an error said " account activation request fail"?

johnny61

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up but got this at end of activation:

‐ Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="

" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

I got a email stating Welcome to Public Mobile etc but when i try to login into my self serve account it says the email address and user name not recognized.

Any help would be very much appreciated thank you.

dougtheduck

update:

so... i received a message this morning only my pm phone stating that my transfer has been completed successfully and my previous service provider (another phone) has been cut off...

but my public mobile number has not been activated?

regardless I am now totally unable to call/text/browse or anything on any of my phones... i have restarted my phones as well.

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

I still haven't received a response from a mod regarding anything i have posted/sent.

Tra
I try to activate my Sim card but an error said "the format of Sim not valid"?

Zykei

@Zykei wrote:

Hi @Jeremy_M,

I just recently switched to Public Mobile however I cannot access my selfserve at all.  Everything has been paid for and activated but I'm not able to call nor do I have access to data.  Seems like the system thinks that I do not have any talk or data addons or something.  

I hope this gets resolved soon as I need to use my phone for work (both talk and data) and it's been a frustrating day when I found out neither worked (I thought the talk worked when I tested it when I first activated my SIM).

Thank you.

Just to follow up on this,  I'm able to call and use data now - I guess it took about a day for my account to activate.  I am also able to finally register my number on selfserve however it doesn't seem like I will be able to port my old number yet.  I guess I will wait until tomorrow and try again.

I hope everyone else gets their problems resolved!

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Upon further investigation after putting the chip in.  The SIM card is assigned a phone number making it partially activated.  The only issue is there is no way using a credit card to fill it without them fully activating the account. Dialling 611 does give you the option to use vouchers but when you try to use credit card it says I'm sorry it seems your experiencing some difficulty and ends the call.  

I recall after trying to complete my application and the credit card failed,  it still allowed for vouchers.  If they had vouchers available online for purchase and the vouchers were emailed.  It would still let people get their service.  People can then buy their voucher first then apply for the SIM card to be activated.  By passing the invalid sim when credit card fails.  Anyways, god speed!  

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
The patience will be worth it in the end, that's all I can say

dtty87

Yeah - keeping fingers crossed here that they'll sort this out soon. The plans are pretty good compared to the mainstream companies. 

rm65453

**bleep**, i just hope i dont lose my half decent rogers plan at this point.

dtty87

I've done the same thing as you - have reported to a Mod and directly to PM - Help twice. 

New sim card, at least it works, but couldn't port my kodoo number over using the self-serve system.

Reported on Wednesday the 9th of November, nothing over the weekend although I gave them the benefit of the doubt because Friday the 11th was a holiday in some provinces. Also reported to a mod on the weekend. Still nothing today. Have e-mailed help centre again. According to their site, they should be replying within 48 hours...so let's hope someone gets back to me tomorrow. 

Not a great introduction to the service, I have to say. 

Good luck with your issue!

Thanks @mr_naam, I used to be a curler, so I started using this username in online forums and various other sites.  Think of it as throwing a curling stone, rather than something evil 🙂

sounds like you may need the mods... but as I said, wait till about noon, it may complete yet.

dougtheduck

@rm65453 wrote:

inserted the sim card in an extra phone that I had. have signal but am being told that talk and text is not included in my plan. my credit card has already been charged. not sure whats going on.

also have this issue

mr_naam

Hey Stonechucker,

Cool name. It's been about 2 hours. I will message the moderators tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

rm65453

inserted the sim card in an extra phone that I had. have signal but am being told that talk and text is not included in my plan. my credit card has already been charged. not sure whats going on.

dougtheduck

@stonechucker rebooted numerous times...

my previous service provider is still actively providing service.... which is puzzling....

@mr_naam, how long since your port started?  It could take a couple hours to complete, but some are as quick as 5 minutes.  This is not unusual.

if the port doesn't complete by noon eastern, private message a mod about this, including your PM phone number, and they will help you as soon as they can.  There will most likely be a delay, as lots of people are having issues signing up.

mr_naam

Hello,

it seems that I stopped in the middle of setting up my account. I was logged out after I completed the payment part. I managed to set up the data with the APN configs i've seen here but:

1. I can send text but not receive them.

2. I added a canada wide add on(8$) because my number is in Quebec but I will be making calls to/from Ontario. I just made a call from Quebec to Quebec and my account charged it on my add-on.

Additional info: I switched phones (Iphone 4 to ASUS Zenfone) at the same time as I registered to PM. I kept the SIM in the Iphone because, well, who knows when you need backup. So I keep received txts on the iphone.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Boomer2

HI   @Jeremy_M

I sent a PM with details of my activation failed account....

@dougtheduck, have you rebooted your phone and inserted the SIM?

sometimes the activation works, but self serve account gets messed up, and can be fixed by a moderator.

try the reboot, and see if it works.  Working or not, you will still need mod assistance to get self serve up and running.

torontoireland

It's kind of disgraceful to be honest. I get that they're no frills, but had the system worked properly I wouldn't need to be attempting to reach customer service. I myself have now been charged twice for absolutely nothing, I am still using my old phone number/network.

rm65453

Am surprized with how many people are having the exact same issue. will keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.

dougtheduck

@rm65453 wrote:

should I just wait? will this resolve with time.

same question,

I have pmed @Mary_M and submitted an email report with the https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help url... but still no response from anyone!

I am unable to logon to self serve and my number is still registered with my previous service provider. 

However my credit card has been charged, my buddy apparently got my referal, my sim card appears to sat "public mobile" but is still unable to call or text or use the data and I would like to get this porting service providers done! done!

could a moderator let us know where you stand on handling issues? it almost seems like the customer's response level is over 9000.

rm65453

should I just wait? will this resolve with time.

Need Help? Let's chat.