cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

dmarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i'm not sure what you mean? how would i find that out?

TheBlue

@dmarie

Send a private message to, or tag a Mod like @Jeremy_M or @Shazia_K.

They can help....

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dmarie is there a phone number associated with the SIM when you put it in your phone?

dmarie

At the end of the activation process I got a message that said only "sorry, your activation request has failed" on the transaction summary. My credit card has already been charged for the service.

My attempts to log in to the self serve meet with a message that says "login failed" and my attempt to reset my password gets a message that my email address cannot be verified although the same email address has recieved two emails from public mobile already. I have checked for typos.

Please help.

Emmanuel
@Bolado nope none of those work. Says number doesn't exist when trying to sign up with the number

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try activating the sim again?  If so does it say invalid sim?  Does the SIM card work in a phone?  On the account page, to the right you can sign up using the phone number you chose only if the sim is active.  It will then text msg a verification number.  If all fails contact a mod.

Emmanuel
Hello,
Activated a new sim card for my dad today.
Did all the steps and got new number as well as payed for the plan. After processing payment i got a 'Sorry your account activation request failed.' Tried logging in and says the account does not exist.

Please help.

vivianch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Have you checked the announcements? Dave kinda has an explanation

34787Bob

My old SIM works fine, that's not the point. The point is I signed up for service with PM that I'm not receiving. However, I noticed PM conveniently charged me $120 for service already.

In addition, they've gone into silo mode and stopped communicating with their customers.

I'm funny, when I pay for service, I actually expect to receive the service that was promised.  And if PM can't deliver the service, I expect an explanation.

@Shazia_K - when are my porting issues going to be resolved?

Gaion1

@34787Bob, use your old SIM in the meantime.  It should still be working.

saje_ward

Have you checked your SIM recently? I needed mod intervention and my problems got resolved without ever hearing from them.

Short version: check your SIM cards to confirm that you are still having problems, even if you have not heard anything. Mine started working, despite errors that needed Mod intervention.

Longer version:

I tried activate and port from Telus all together in a single transaction on Saturday. It failed and when I tried again I kept getting an error message saying that the SIM was invalid. This needed Mod intervention and I never heard a thing (despite messages on many platforms). 

Over the weekend the SIM did not work and the Telus SIM kept working. Telus said that they could see the port out request on thier side but that it must be jammed in the PM system. The Telus SIM kept working until Monday when it suddenly stopped working. The Telus SIM that was supposed to be associated with that account had a rando PM number.

Second SIM I activated and then tried to port (again from Telus) after the activation. The port failed but the SIM was activated. I kept trying to port and it kept failing.

So on Wednesday I was (once again) all over the community and I saw people saying to check their SIMs, so I did. They both worked! My number was ported to my spouse's SIM (no big deal). I was able to then port his number to the my SIM, no biggie.

So to summarize. Something happened on the back end. Maybe the Mods (who I never heard from) or the backlog of technical glitches got fixed.

Either way, check your SIMs to see if you are, in fact, still having problems.

34787Bob

Day 8 for me waiting for my port to complete. The lack of communications or timely updates from PM is ridiculous. If this doesn't get resolved soon, I will be pursuing either a refund or a CC chargeback, I need a working phone.

@Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
Yes it would, but once the port has failed you need a mod to fix it.

Gaion1

Has anybody heard back from any of the mod?  I have yet to hear anybody having their message returned.  I'm in similiar boat as a couple of us here, porting failed the first time using PIN.  I wanted to try again using Account Number but it wouldn't let me.  Only way is to contact mods for them to manually fix.  I swear it'd be much fast to simply allow us to try again.  I'm sure it'd save them a lot of work too!  Having this backlog of more than 10 days is just ridiculous!

Rockdaddy22
Try shortening your name and or choosing a different province. That'll do it

@cherieqwyu  It looks like either server too busy, or the browser has issue.  

Usually that's why the drop box is not coming up.

cherieqwyu

@Jeremy_M  Could youp please help activate my sim card? I have tried setting up as a new number. However, I got stuck because the drop down doesn't show any province for me to choose.

I have tried porting over from another carrier. However, I got stuck at "Alternate number regex help".

I tried setting up my account on Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, and cell phone. I tried clearing cache and cookies. None of the above worked.

So I have ordered a sim card but with no way to activate it. PLEASE HELP.

KK
No. My mom "thought" it was successful but it wasn't.

Rkvtycoon
@mg193 wow, that doesn't seem fair, 10 days waiting... That being said , the whole 'que' thing is bs then as some folks who have been waiting 7-8 days are taken care of and you're not. The mods obviously are all over the place. You would think they would put in more time to handle this massive influx of people and issues. They have families and lives yeah, however, this is the hand that's been dealt and their responsibility as mods and the ONLY way for customer support for us PM customers.

helloden

@KK What about the payment?

Did they charge you twice?

Don't you need to enter the payment info when you activate?

KK
Did you try just doing activation again? When my mom did it, she tried on her phone and failed because she couldn't see whole page and had errors on form. Second time on computer much easier and successful. The port happened within 15 min once successful.

ceej

Recieved an error on the last page of activation. 

Credit Card was charged.

FIDO SIM is still active.

PM SIM - does not recieve all texts, does not recieve incoming calls.

I believe the port is stuck. Waiting since the 19th, paying two phone bills.

Messaged @Shazia_K@Mary_M and I still have no response.

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's just power overwhelming for the mods to assist the massive flood of people. Like 6 gates to get into the amusement park but with a million people waiting in line to get in.  Just need to wait for your turn.  

mg193
Im in same boat for 10 days! Still not completely ported! No response from PM or Mod. Ive requested refund. Hope they havent folded...

jordanm

tried ported from Wind on Friday November 18th, pm'd @Jeremy_M, have an open support request and have heard nothing.

jackjin127

same issue with u       still wait for respond.

@Jeremy_M @Mary_M

TheBlue
Hi, need help with our activation/port to Public Mobile from Rogers please.

We completed our activation on Sunday and still can only make outbound calls on the Public Mobile number.

Our Rogers SIM is still working.

Help!

floodRay

I had the same problem, PM them on Sat 10pm EST.

Now finally it is up and running. All good now.

34787Bob

I managed to activate my account after a lot of aggravation finally on Nov 18. However my number has not been ported from Wind and I can't receive calls.

Could I get help on this please? @Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.