cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

@hslmdjim wrote:

The mods are useless. No response after messaging 7 of them. 

@hslmdjim ??? Cat Frustrated

Public does not have 7 Mods.... are you sure you messaging correct people?

jackjin127
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

same issue ...  no one answer it ....for 2days...

Cvuong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Porting problems please help!
I activated my account on November 19th and am not able to receive phone calls. Everything else seems to be working! Please help port my number over!

hslmdjim

If that's true these mods should really focus on doing their job and not checking the forum for criticism and adjusting their cues

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Everytime you insult the mods your cue gets sent to the back of the line.

hslmdjim

The mods are useless. No response after messaging 7 of them. 

sn00ch

Does it matter which mod you message? Just the 4 listed in this post? 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Bolado

Does your fido SIM card still work?  If it does the port is still processing or the port has failed.  Private Message a moderator to get on the list.

jackjin127

hi there,

i am new pm user which transfors from fido, and  i actived my sim card  last weekend,however i could not receive calls for two days.

both making calls and data are woking .  i think this should be port number problem .

so does any know how to fix it ??

thanks ~~~Smiley Happy

yiannirouvalis
Hey I am having issues with my service I signed up for the fall promo 2 days ago still have no service pm 3 moderators haven't heard back from. Any of them would like to get my service sorted out please and thanks if anyone could help it would be appreciated

JMayne
I sent pms on Thursday the 17th and have not been helped yet. Cannot make outgoing calls at all!
@Mary_M

helloden
@aznrayne69 I did two portings for my family members and it only took 15minutes. Don't know why it takes so long for me. I guess I just have to wait.

aznrayne69

I takes them a bit to go through all the pms. I had to wait about two days before everything was sorted out for me. I only signed up on saturday. Just be patient. It may take a day or 2, but once its up and running then no problems 😄

helloden

I'm having problems porting my number from Wind.

I've sent messages to moderators @Jeremy_M and @Saray_O 3 hours ago and 1 hours ago each and didn't get any responses yet.

I hope they see this message and help me out.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Actually yes, I didn't say all. I replied to a bunch of people yesterday who had invalid sim when they tried to sign up for the second time, when I told them to put the sim in their phone it worked.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Invalid sim= Put sim in phone. It'll probably work

No @Rockdaddy22

Alot of the SIMs are not provisioning properly

I was told can take up to 48 hours to process

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Invalid sim= Put sim in phone. It'll probably work

JMayne

Bolado

Try power cycling your phone.  Is your phone unlocked?  Does it connect to public mobile network?  Private message a mod to be put on the list.

aznrayne69
I signed up saturday night and nothing is working still.said there was a problem with activation. Cant access self serve account and when i tried to re enter everything it said that the sim card was was invalid. Sent emails but still no response but received an email stating account was activated. I still cant access the account nor does the phone work. So does hat mean im paying for something that isnt working atm?

Nomowu
Hi,

I am still waiting on help for issue on local calling area drop down. Tried four devices, different browsers, cleared cache. still no luck getting it to work.

Thank you

mb222

Hi,

I had been having the same problem as many others trying to activate my sim for: 90-day pass, Unlimited Provincial Talk, Unlimited International Text, 12GB Data - $120 promo. Starting at about 7:30pm PST on Nov 20 I tried to activate my sim card which I ordered and received about 3 weeks ago. But I kept encountering a run-time error when clicking "Activate Now" link on the homepage. I finally got through at about 9:00pm, using another browser. I went through the steps, added my info, my number to port from Wind, my referrer, etc. When it came time to choose my plan options it seemed that the promo was over as the resulting rate I was quoted was $186. Could you please help me get onto this promo plan PM/mods @Jeremy_M? Thanks!

Here's the runtime error:

runtime error.jpg

sumps

I signed up and activated my new sim card to take advantage of the promotional deal of $120 for 90 days with 12 gigabytes of data and unlimited provincial calling and global texting. This was completed at around 9:00pm MST ,
However upon placing my sim card into my phone it told me that I had no plan activated. I have logged into the "my account" self serve website and have noticed that even though it shows that I have a current balance of $120 (which has been charged to my credit card), my current plan is BLANK .. when I attempt to change my plan to the promotional plan, it shows that the promotional plan is expired and it will now cost $186 .. I activated my account well before the plan expiry time.. Please let me know why I did not get this plan?

daputopia

I had the same problem at 11:29pm. The promo plan was supposed to go to midnight but kept getting this Runtime error you mentioned. Wanted to sign up 2 more sims. Now at 149am it is not giving the error but the promo plan is no longer an option. Will tag a moderator to see if they can help.

justinng

Hi there, 

When I clicked on "Activate" at the last screen, the website timed out.  I'm unable to log on to Self-Serve as it doesn't recognize my email.  My phone number is still tied to my old SIM card, so all my incoming/outgoing calls as well as data are all going through my old SIM still.  Inserting the PM SIM gives me "No data SIM".  Can you please help?  Will I still be eligible for the $40 plan?  I know today is last day...

Thanks in advance.

Bolado
Promo eastern time

cbob

You may be able to activate if you try another browser. I kept getting the same message until I read that another browser might work. Chrome and IE wouldn't work for me, but I was able to begin the activation process on Safari. However, the promo plan no longer appears. I'll try contacting a mod in the morning.

Good luck.

Electriczen

I am trying to activate a sim for my parents, but every time I click the activate a SIM card link... I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated. 

I guess I will check back later but this is a little concerning.  

stwsimon

Yes.  I messaged about 24 hours ago but haven't heard back yet.  I switched back to my Rogers sim for now.

Simon

sn00ch

Yup, sent my details to a mod. I'm guessing it'll be a while before I hear back with all the recent signups.

Need Help? Let's chat.