cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Public Mobile account statement to update Equifax record

Navreet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have Telus mobility loan displaying on my equifax report which does not belong to me. I was using Public mobile prepaid till Dec 2021only and then switched to Fido. Telus suggested me to contact Public mobile as they do not have any of my records in their database. Please advise how should I proceed to get my equifax report updated. Telus mobility prepaid should not display on my report.

6 REPLIES 6

Navreet

@mimmo Thank you so much for the inputs. Equifax needs confirmation from telus that there is no such record on my name. It seems I again have to talk to Telus. Lets see what they say this time.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Navreet  pm has nothing to do with credit reports as you say since it's prepaid.

Did you ever help a friend or family member join Telus?  Even if it's not your phone you could be the principal person responsible.

The other possibility maybe someone signed a Telus account under your name.

Both scenarios lead me to contacting Telus again. Maybe you can find someone that you can email the report to?  Or can you get more details from Equifax?

Navreet

@mimmo  Thank you for the reply. I never had Telus plan (post paid), but still its reflecting on my Equifax credit report. I only had PM prepaid plan before my current plan from Fido. I had setup a monthly Auto Pay for my PM number from my credit card. But I believe that shouln't impact my credit report.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Navreet  I really doubt that it has anything to do with PM. PM is prepaid and they do not  subsidize phones nor plans. So there can't be anything Re a loan.  So not sure how or why it could be PM. I would call Telus again.  Did you ever do a charge back on your credit card with pm?  That's the only thing I can think of.

Navreet

Thank you so much. I will do that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Navreet   you do not have access to My account any more.  i suggest you to open ticket with PM Support using direct message : 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messagin

Need Help? Let's chat.