cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a PUK code .

Martha1946
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new phone and it sais SIM service provider unlock pin. Can i get a code please 

5 REPLIES 5

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Martha1946 

The phone can ask for different codes for different reasons.  From what your phone is displaying (SIM service provider unlock pin), it looks like your new phone is locked to another carrier.  The actual PUK code can be retrieved by contacting customer service agent as described. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martha1946 below is an article from Public Mobile that says you will need to contact a CS agent for the code, click on the orange circle on the bottom right of your screen and type: Customer Support Agent.

How to find your personal unlocking key (PUK):

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk#:~:text=Here's%20how%20to...

@Martha1946 

Did you buy online or in store?  If online, directly from Walmart or a third party vendor on Walmart.ca?  

If online, maybe copy and past the link so we can check the phone for you.  

Otherwise, I have a feeling that you will need to contact Walmart or 3rd party vendor to see if phone is locked to another carrier.  Or sometimes it is advertised as unlocked, but the phone is actually locked to a carrier. 

Martha1946
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New phone .No previous provider. Bough at Walmart Canada.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Martha1946 

That message usually means that your new phone is locked to another carrier (non Telus company).  Where did you purchase the new phone?  You will need to contact pervious carrier for this code.  

Need Help? Let's chat.