cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SIM network unlock Pin

Penalt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a galaxy s4 Mini.  Worked fine with SpeakOut, switched to Public Mobile and suddenly I am being asked for a "SIM network unlock PIN"

I've done some checking here and have tried "1234" and "0000" with no success.  Contacted Samsung and they couldn't find my IMEI number in their database.  Can anyone here be of any help?

18 REPLIES 18

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@Harry60 wrote:

network locked no support

Which locked  phone do you have?

Which provider you got this phone from?

Contact the original provider for the unlock code.  You can also contact Apple to unlock iPhone and Samsung to unlock Samsung phone.

Who told you Apple will unlock a locked iPhone? As far as I know they do not  They will tell you to get in touch with the Provider you got the iPhone from 

The Imei...*#6* on your phone @Cocainecowboy and what was the last company with your phone locked? What I did one time was to buy a sim card with the company to buy a plan with this company (my phone was locked with them and I purchased it from someone..) with that you will have a phone number to give at this company to unlock it....you have 10 days and you can cancel your plan for free. The company will refund you the price of the plan..not the sim card..Does that help you??

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Harry60 wrote:

Which locked  phone do you have?

Which provider you got this phone from?

Contact the original provider for the unlock code.  You can also contact Apple to unlock iPhone and Samsung to unlock Samsung phone.

Harry60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cocainecowboy wrote:

I have exact same issue..samsung saying cant find imei and it possibly international phone. And to contact previous owner.that option doesnt exsist so where am i at.?

As a curiosity, is it possible to contact a different national Samsung site like say Korea? This is the second time I've heard of this international phone response. If it's a Samsung phone then they certainly should be able to find it.

1Dani

I used this web site back when you still had to pay to unlock your phone, https://www.cellunlocker.net/  it worked great and I had my code in a couple of hours. BTW, it says it is free now....

Cocainecowboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have exact same issue..samsung saying cant find imei and it possibly international phone. And to contact previous owner.that option doesnt exsist so where am i at.?

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Penalt wrote:

Rogers got back to me today with a 7 digit pin code and it worked!  So I am all good to go now. 

Really good to know, thanks for sharing!

Penalt

Rogers got back to me today with a 7 digit pin code and it worked!  So I am all good to go now. 

Penalt

Thanks Computergeek.  I'll just have to be patient, I guess.  Hard to do, but eh.  I'll up date when I get a reply back from Rogers.

@Penalt wrote:

SpeakOut has no real support.  I contacted Rogers, who owns SpeakOut.  They couldn't find the IMEI either.  The chat agent I got said the phone might simply be too old to unlock, but he offered to escalate the issue.  Took the IMEI, model number and my email address.  Said I would be contacted in 48hrs.

Rogers most definitely does not own Speakout Wireless.  They only use the Rogers network because they don't have their own.  Other than that, Speakout has nothing to do with Rogers.  Ztar is the company behind Speakout.

Saying that, Rogers-locked phones do work on Spekaout and Speakout phones have been previously sold as Rogers-locked.  Rogers should be able to get you the unlock code, but the fact that Samsung themselves can't seem to find the code for your IMEI means that there might be a delay.

mimmo

Have you looked on eBay for an unlock code. They typically  used to cost less than 5$ for android phones.

Edit found this: https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Canada-Rogers-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-mini-I257-Network-Unlock-Code/192598424660?has...

Penalt

It was a good idea Pakmode, but SpeakOut refused to help because I no longer have their sim card in the phone...crazy eh?

Penalt

SpeakOut has no real support.  I contacted Rogers, who owns SpeakOut.  They couldn't find the IMEI either.  The chat agent I got said the phone might simply be too old to unlock, but he offered to escalate the issue.  Took the IMEI, model number and my email address.  Said I would be contacted in 48hrs.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This should help you OP - this is directly from Speakout's website:

1-866-310-1023 or dial 611 on your SpeakOut phone (FREE Call). 

popping

@Penalt

Speakout is using Rogers network.  You S4 must be locked to Rogers network.

Call Rogers to get unlock code for your S4 mini.

Let me know whether Roger will helpyou or not.

Penalt

Phone was given to me about a year back.  Only used it via wifi at home for awhile.  Bought SpeakOut, and it worked fine even if SpeakOut itself wasn't all that good.  Now I've bought this Public Mobile and I'm getting this lock issue.

mimmo

Have you tried contacting speakout?  Is that where you bought the phone originally with?

Need Help? Let's chat.