cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name display

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
So I just ordered a pizza from this place which I do not have in my contacts. I dialed the number and as interested was ringing my phone showed the name of the place. I have to assume that the Telus name display is being phased into public mobile. Other calls that come to me though I don't see the name when I would with rogers but the same numbers don't show a name right now with Telus either.
8 REPLIES 8

shawnie_boy

Just to provide an update. For sure wasn't name display and it was built in iOS system.

Seems like my Telus line is now showing name display just like rogers but not showing same in public mobile. Therefore we don't get it right now. Hopefully it comes even fongo has it.

maybe a mod can chime in regarding public mobile and name display if Telus and Koodo have it. @CS_Agent

shawnie_boy

Will try that one, too bad it doesn't work as good on iPhone. Another strike for Apple and their ecosystem. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Since this topic is already solved I will go ahead and add this unrelated comment but everytime I look at OP's username the only thing I am reading is "shawarma_boy".
Does that mean I have some sort of trauma?

I use true dialer works pretty well. It's just ask for lots of permissions. But I always know who's calling me 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Vickel

Defiently miss the name display feature with Rogers 

Hope it comes to public mobile soon

shawnie_boy
Using iPhone, it's definitely possible this is an iOS feature being rolled out. Just have not noticed it. Was hoping it was based on name display.

Raven_Jet
This has happened to me before when I was using an android phone. It seems like the phone searches for the number and if there is a match it will display. Are you using an android OS?

XJin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you using an iPhone?

Apple is sloooooowly rolling out this new feature, pulling numbers from their map date.

I once called a local Canadian tire store which obviously I did not save as contact, but it showed up 1 second after I dialed the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.