cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My solution to porting

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have moved over 6 people during the recent promotion. All from Koodo, 4 on Koodo Prepaid, 2 on Koodo Postpaid. 

None of the prepaid accounts would port. 

Both of the postpaid accounts port without issue immediately

So I involved the MODs to help with the prepaid accounts. They finally got around to looking at 2 of them and it worked fine. The other seems to be forgotten for now, I know it's in the queue, but my point of view, it's forgotton.

So I thought, what if I open a Koodo Post paid, $10 for SIM and get a cheap plan, bring your own device. Have Koodo port my number from the prepaid. This can be done with all the support help you need, right at the counter. Then, thank you, and walk out. Login to your PM account, and bingo - number is now available for auto-port. Click confirm - done in 30 seconds. Koodo post paid account is pro-rated - so about a $1.00/day

So the porting from Koodo post paid to PM seems stable. I bet anyone from Rogers/Wind etc could open a Koodo Post paid $28 plan and get Koodo personal to port (if it is not in limbo). Once your number is with Koodo, you should be good to go - I only waited a few hours.

I am sure some will have some trepedation, but that's what worked for me, and I skipped over the MODs.

2 REPLIES 2

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
No. It was just for the last account that was taking a long time. All had different emails. You could not get past check if eligible number

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

That sounds kinda pricy, BUT understandable.

BTW, did the 4 from Koodo Prepaid, did they use SAME email from Koodo Prepaid on PM?

If they did, then that is definitely the culprit

Use didfferent email to do actual port, then after port is successful and complete, then edit email back to your preferred email 

Need Help? Let's chat.