cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone cannot receive calls after the port to Public Mobile

TayTayToots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I ported to Public Mobile on April 6, 2024 at 1206 am. It is now April 7, 2024 at 110 pm and I still cannot receive calls or text messages. I can make calls. Does anyone know why the port is taking so long? I sent a message to CS_Agent but no reply since yesterday.

16 REPLIES 16

TayTayToots

Thanks will do

HI @TayTayToots yes, just open ticket with PM agent as said above.  There seems to be issue but support agent can fix that

TayTayToots

Thank you. my port has been completed I think. My iPhone can make and receive phone calls but it cannot send and receive SMS

any ideas? I am on iOS 17.4.1

TayTayToots

Yes. My iPhone can make and receive phone calls but cannot send SMS or receive SMS. Any ideas?

Does the phone number match?

JB_8992

I have a pixel 6a, I went into the setting and checked and the number is correct.

TayTayToots

Thank you. How do I check the community inbox? I am looking for the # that you sent to me.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @TayTayToots try reboot the phone

still fails?? call porting support team and ask. I have sent you the number to your community inbox, check and call them

TayTayToots

Ok I turned off iMessage and turned off FaceTime. I rebooted my iPhone. When it was back on I still cannot receive calls or text messages. I am on iOS 17.3.1.

what next? 

If it's an iPHone....

Have you tried going to: Settings > Phone > My number and checking the correct number is there? If not, try to edit it, and enter the correct number.

JB_8992

I am having the same problem after transferring over this morning. I am now able to make and receive calls, use data after I reset the network settings/ reboot but looks like the SMS is still not working. So I guess I will wait a bit longer and reset it again to see. If you haven't tried resetting the network settings and rebooting I'd give it a try just in case.

Are you using an iPhone? If so, there have been reports of some issues. If you do own an iPhone, go into settings and turn off iMessages and FaceTime and reboot. Then turn them back on.

TayTayToots

Yes it received a text from Roger’s and I replied yes. My Public Mobile e-SIM can make calls but I cannot receive calls or text messages to my cell phone #. I spoke with Roger’s and they said the port is complete on their side. Please advise.

TayTayToots

I have rebooted my phone. I have a Public e-SIM and I can make calls and use data, however I cannot receive calls or text messages. I have spoken with Roger’s and they said the port is complete on their side. When will Public Mobile fix this?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @TayTayToots 

First, have you tried rebooting your phone? Second, if you were on a different service provider before, you may need to reset your network settings and then reboot.

When you ported over your number to Public Mobile, did you get a text from the other provider? Did you say yes? If you place your SIM card into another phone, are you able to make/receive calls and texts?

Need Help? Let's chat.