cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience trying to recharge my plan

cblue888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had a very unfortunate experience the past week with Public Mobile. First of all, I was not notified when my plan was running out, and Autopay did not work. My texts and calls stopped working. I use this phone as my work phone as well and it was almost very problematic that I missed calls. 

When I tried to recharge my account manually, both my credit and debit cards that I use regularly did not work, for no reason. I confirmed that both had no reason not to work, and I spent a ton of time and effort trying to recharge my plan.

The only way for me to do so was to find a place to buy Public Mobile vouchers. I went to the Public Mobile locations list, and the first 3 places I went to either did not exist or had no idea what I was talking about. I finally found a kiosk in a mall a 30 minute drive from my house to recharge in 40$ blocks, which took me more time to input all the codes once I got home to wifi.

So to recap, I missed a ton of important business calls and texts, spent time trying to input my card details over and over again, which made me very angry, spent time verifying that the cards actually were working, and then spent 4 or 5 hours the following morning on a wild goose chase to try to find vouchers, which was the only way I could pay.

I have been using your service for around a year now and I will definitely be leaving after this 3 month plan is over if you do not offer me some kind of credit or reimbursement for the time I spent on this and aggravation. I know that the cheaper cost means poorer customer service, but this was absolutely ridiculous. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cblue888 Definitely should not be happening. Robot Mad

The autopay system has be totally dependable for me over 3 years. Couple of ideas:

a) as long as you have a valid credit card on file, payments can be made by calling 611

b) some reading: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

Fingers crossed you get some satisfaction from our moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is very unfortunate and must have been a very frustating situation to be in. I'd have to agree and say that Public Mobile should not be recommended for those individuals that depended on the service for work/business as it could cause you more harm than savings if something were to go wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message to @Moderator_Team.

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.