cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is being wacky

mmartinell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone has no signal but apprentaly the number associate with my account has been making phone calls to another province. HELP!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mmartinell, what you are saying would only make sense if the SIM card associated with your account is not the one that you have in your phone.  The "active" SIM card for your account is residing in a different device and is incurring the usage.  Go into the self serve and do some forensics.  Please report back any anomalies and the community can assist. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mmartinell wrote:

My phone has no signal but apprentaly the number associate with my account has been making phone calls to another province. HELP!!!! 

@mmartinellPlease provide some more details.If you would let us know how you are aware the number has been calling another province.

Log into self serve, go to usage history and check to see your outgoing calls. If you actually do see your account making the calls, check your phone, for outgoing calls or apps that have "usage rights / permissions" to make outgoing calls. It is possible you have a rogue app on your phone that is dialing for purposes you do not want. I would do a factory reset at this point, if I do, or don't find the app that does it.

There is of course another possibility, if you have no service someone may have hacked into your account, associated a different sim with the account and is using your phone account as a way to spam people. I suggest taking your sim card out of your phone, confirming the last 4 digits with self serve that they are the same.

If you see the calls in self serve but after a factory reset still run into the same issue and the sim card appears correct, It is always possible (while extremely rare) someone has duplicated your sim card, in that case I would buy a new sim, change your public mobile self serve password, change your public mobile sim and that would be the end of it

If someone called you to say "your number is calling me and spamming me" it may be nothing to do with you, or your phone. There are some robo dialers / spam companies that insert a randomly chosen number as their outgoing caller id / number without actually owning that number. So there may be 10,000's of people getting a call from some computer calling spam message with your number attached to it, but its not actually your number and has nothing to do with you or public mobile, and nothing can be done but I suggest changing your number.

MarleneTecson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you have your phone linked to a tablet like your iPad or something?  Why does your phone not have a signal?  Is your plan active?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Post a screen shot of your current plan details but edit out personal info. Is Account Status active or ?

Need Help? Let's chat.