cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone shows unregistered sim

jkpublicmobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got phone today and it shows unregistered SIM. Can you help what might be problem?

I see that the phone is reported lost or stolen and my friend was using it on telus until today when I got it from him.

5 REPLIES 5

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

DId you try any of the following troubleshooting steps?

-Reboot your phone

-Power off  your phone and remove the SIM.  Re-insert and power on

-Go into your phone Cellular Network settings and manually select Public Mobile as your Network Operator.

jkpublicmobile

Thanks you for your responses

jkpublicmobile

Looks like I got scammed. Actually it might be it was not at all working on telus. I bumped into the person who I got this from and all his contacts are wrong or unreachable.

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

If the phone is blacklisted as you state then you might need to get a refund from your friend.  did they buy it from new?  not sure the exact procedure for getting a phone unblacklisted but i believe you will need to show proof of purchase or have the orriginal party who declaired it lost report it found.

If the phone is blacklisted, I believe only the original person who blacklisted it can undo this action. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If the phone is blacklisted as you state then you might need to get a refund from your friend.  did they buy it from new?  not sure the exact procedure for getting a phone unblacklisted but i believe you will need to show proof of purchase or have the orriginal party who declaired it lost report it found.

Need Help? Let's chat.