cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Number

Osman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently, I activated my number however every time I try to register with various service providers, they say the phone number is already registered! what to do !

7 REPLIES 7

@crystal95 wrote:

I had an issue like this. Click on get help and chat with Simon. Answer his questions as best as you can and eventually he will send you a form to fill out that will be sent to moderators. They will then call you (use an alternate number) to solve the problem. If you don’t have an alternate number they will email.  Also it sounds like the port just isn’t being sent so try calling your previous service provider and tell them to port it again. 

Moderators do not call or e-mail customers (or at least almost never do).

Any phone call that you receive from Telus is very unlikely going to be the result opening a ticket with the moderators. The Telus Porting Team does call customers about failed ports, but that department is seperate from the moderator department. In any event, reading through this thread, this doesn't appear to be a number porting issue. As for number porting, it's not the old provider that should be contact. The new carrier handles everything.

crystal95

I had an issue like this. Click on get help and chat with Simon. Answer his questions as best as you can and eventually he will send you a form to fill out that will be sent to moderators. They will then call you (use an alternate number) to solve the problem. If you don’t have an alternate number they will email.  Also it sounds like the port just isn’t being sent so try calling your previous service provider and tell them to port it again. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Osman wrote:

Recently, I activated my number however every time I try to register with various service providers, they say the phone number is already registered! what to do !

can you give example what kind of service  you try to registered?

look like it is an issue with recycled number.. probably you just got this number not long.. and this number was used before by someone else.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Osman 

Got a test for you to do.   Using another phone, call YOUR number and see what happens.

Sounds silly, I know, just wanting to be 100% sure you're using the correct phone number and the one you're attempting to update with service providers IS attached to you, and not someone else.

Drop us a line with results.

escobart

Hi Osman,

You should change your number by going through your account page. While on Overview page there will be "Change Number" under My Profile tab.

Self Serve Overview 

You can change it once every 30 days.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Looks like you have a previously used number. Change your number. Or port a number that has been in your possession. Maybe a moderator can tell you of a new issue number? Perhaps select a number that is in one of the new area codes...if that has happened in your area. 

@Osman wrote:

If keeping this phone number isn't important to you, you have the option to change the number. Otherwise, you need to take this up with the other companies. Likely, someone else already used this phone number and never unlinked it from those services.

Need Help? Let's chat.