cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple phone numbers on 1 account?

Sushimelon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm wanting to switch more family members over to Public Mobile. I'm wondering if each family member has to create their own account or if it is possible to have multiple phone numbers on my account.

If it is possible to put all the phone numbers onto 1 account, am i still able to reap the benefits of the referral rewards?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am agreed 100%--it's a "nice to have" and should be prioritized lower than fixing other more serious issues.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Having all plans under one account is definitely a convenient thing.  Having said that, having multiple accounts with one plan in each is not the end of the world.  Gmail aliases works perfectly with multiple accounts.  I use the +alias method where the alias is the unique part of the phone number in each plan.  So, it didn't take long for me to adapt to the situation.  Since there are so many software bugs in the portal that deserve much greater attention, adding a multiple plans per account feature has got to be back burner priority at best. 

srlawren

@Korth actually, PM has acknowledged this idea in the past, and said "Not at this time". 

cc: @Cypm@Sushimelon there's no need to create another idea thread for this, as per above.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

An idea about linking/sharing accounts was posted here - no official response from Public Mobile (yet).  There's currently no way to pay for multiple phone numbers on one bill.

A dual-SIM (or multi-SIM) device can simultaneously use two (or more) phone numbers.  But each active number must be linked to its own active SIM card, which is itself linked to its own active account.  I've recently been checking out this option, but I'm finding that dual-SIM devices are a niche thing - they tend to be a little too costly and a little too junky, especially since you usually have to choose between having a second SIM card or a memory/storage card.

mimmo

you can also use the gmail + trick

email@gmail.com

email+1234@gmail.com (1234 = last digits of phone number)

they will all go to email@gmail.com

just use your orriginal number for the referrals (or if you feel in the  giving mood  I'll give you mine :))

hope the above helps

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

can't be done at moment but maybe you can suggest this idea

Just a tip, if you want to link one email address for all accounts, you can use gmail dot trick.

And don't forget to collect referral rewards for each additional account. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You will have to create their own account. 1 number per account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.