cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Phones

pjhoust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perhaps I misunderstood (and I truly hope that is the case), but, is it the case that, in order to have two phones with Public, I have to get another email address?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @pjhoust   Prepaid provider is like that.  if you need family account for easy account management, try Koodo or Telus

But why not just use another email to activate another line?

pjhoust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all your responses.  I should have researched this 'feature' more thoroughly before I signed up.  Seems to me it could pose an impediment to easy widespread adoption and is a flaw in the business model.  I'll move on.  Cheers.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If your e-mail provider allows alias addresses, you can use an alias.

ie: yourname{at}gmail.com = your.name{at}gmail.com = yourname+kid{at}gmail.com will all end up in the inbox of yourname{at}gmail.com but are considered distinctly different addresses by the Public Mobile account system.

You can use the same credit card for more than one account. In that case I would stagger the activation/payment date so that you don't trigger your cc's fraud alert system.

Edit: I started typing this before dust2dust's reply showed up on my screen - sorry for the echo!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Some email providers offer an alias function that would work here. GMail for example. If you have a gmail address then say your email address is emailaddress@gmail.com then you could do something like email.address@gmail.com. This will then receive all emails in the one email inbox but will satisfy this place as being a unique email address.

Adding - you can do this on the fly. It doesn't need to be set up or created.

Adding more - it happens @wetcoaster . It's the ones long afterwards that are the unnecessary echo. Thanks for being concerned about it. Not everyone cares. Newbies can be forgiven. But not regulars and even high performing regulars. Again, seems some don't care. I'm delighted to see the oracle removing those echos.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pjhoust   there is no family account here.  So, one account for one phone number.  You will need another email to activate the new line

A reminder, use the friend referral code form your first account to activate your 2nd account.  Your 2nd account will get a one time $10 credit and your first account will get $1 or 1 Public point every cycle

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pjhoust  Yes each phone line needs its own email 

Need Help? Let's chat.