cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from e-sim to physical SIM

NehaW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there. Just joined PM, from Fido. Quick question- my FIDO sim hasn’t stopped yet + I did select e-SIM instead of physical SIM, can I change it now? I did not even get the porting message yet. Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try calling this number 1-844-232-7678, from your Fido number 

Tell them that you tried doing a porting but the thing with that was it didn't go through and you didn't get the porting request so they can restart the process and then you can reply yes to the message! 

NehaW

I tried calling them, no avail. Any other ways? Maybe talking to Public CS may help?

@NehaW , call the porting team number in the link below.  Your call will be screened for numbers in the stucked port database.  If the number is there, the porting team can help you.  If it's not there, resubmit the port. I had a friend that transferred in from Fido and first port didn't register and she had to resubmit a second time and the verification text was sent within the minute.  Once you have the number transfer out of the way, you can switch to p-SIM in your online account by editing the SIM in the profile tab.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@NehaW, in the Public Mobile app go to the "Account" tab, there you will see the option to "Transfer Phone Number". You will need to know the account number you had with Fido. DO NOT use the IMEI number to transfer as almost everyone has issues with this method, just enter your old Fido account number and then keep the Fido SIM card installed as you will receive a text message from them asking for you to confirm the number transfer, you will have 90 minutes to respond Yes. After you have responded it typically can take an hour to 2 for the transfer to complete.

NehaW

I have the SIM with me! I was wondering why I didn’t receive the porting message yet

@NehaW wrote:

Hey there. Just joined PM, from Fido. Quick question- my FIDO sim hasn’t stopped yet + I did select e-SIM instead of physical SIM, can I change it now? I did not even get the porting message yet. Thanks 

Assuming that your phone supports eSIM, it may be easier to continue the activation using the eSIM.  You can switch to a physical SIM card later, but you're need to purchase a Public Mobile SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.