cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly fee

Ljanes01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cancelled my service with public mobile about 1 week into my pre paid month. How would I go about getting credit back a pro rated amount ?

8 REPLIES 8

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 ....Thats why you disable autopay as soon as you get the portting process going while you still have access to your selfserve acct.

Removing autopay would be a great step to take but if the number has been ported out the account is closed and the ex-customer will no longer have access to their self-serve.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Ljanes01 

I would DEFINITELY recommend removing your auto-pay details.   

As a matter of routine, this is something you would want to do anytime you leave a service provider once the bill is settled.  This way, you ensure they no longer have access to charge you and it also helps prevent any unauthorized breeches from obtaining your credit card information.

[ EDIT:  If you no longer have access to your self-serve account, I might still recommend submitting a ticket to the Moderators to kindly request them to REMOVE your credit card information entirely from their database.  ]

I sort of thought that once you port out your Self Serve account is closed preventing any further ability to go in and remove credit card info etc?

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Ljanes01 wrote:

If I’ve ported my phone to another provider and cancelled my service would I still need to cancel my auto pay? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could send a message to moderators to delete your credit card info, if you haven't done so already.

Once you port out...you PM account is closed.

Ljanes01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I’ve ported my phone to another provider and cancelled my service would I still need to cancel my auto pay? 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Ljanes01 PM is a prepaid service, and there are no refunds. Just disable your Autopay, and that's it.

Need Help? Let's chat.