cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mods - Do you need some usertesting?

Azure
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Mods,

Thank you for running the Public Mobile site and for your assistance. I know you have been working on making changes and updates to the site to make it more user-friendly, which is great.

A couple of things I've noticed that, perhaps, you may be working on? 

• If a client has been corresponding with a moderator who asks the client to verify their email, the moderator provides a verification link. Once the client clicks the link, they are taken to a page that asks for their email address and password. That page would not accept my password. Even when the moderator re-set the password for me, it still wouldn't accept the password. There seems to be an issue with that particular input field on that page.
  • If the client can get the verification page to work by entering their cellphone number instead, the client is taken to a page that contains the following message: "If you attempted to authenticate using your Public Mobile Self-Serve username/password and couldn't succeed, click here to re-set." I clicked and followed the instructions, entering my email address in the hopes of having my password re-set that way. However, that did not work. Upon clicking the Submit button, I was taken to a page that had a progress bar showing that I was at step 1 of 3 steps (step 1 is "Verify your email address"). No email ever came through to me from Public Mobile, so I was not able to progress to steps 2 or 3 in order to re-set my password.

If your team is looking into these glitches, I would be happy to user-test them for you. Please let me know.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Azure wrote:

Thank you. I think an ideal solution would be verification via an authenticator app: Google has an authenticator app and Microsoft has one. These apps don't have to be used just for verifying email accounts associated with those two companies; they can be used to verify Paypal, facebook, etc. Just my two cents.

^This. 2FA through authenticator apps is the best way to secure user accounts. As @popping noted, SMS is not ideal (better than nothing, but not as secure as TOTP).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Azure wrote:

Thank you. I think an ideal solution would be verification via an authenticator app: Google has an authenticator app and Microsoft has one. These apps don't have to be used just for verifying email accounts associated with those two companies; they can be used to verify Paypal, facebook, etc. Just my two cents.

SMS message can be intercepted too.  But it is better than just using email/password.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/18/16328172/sms-two-factor-authentication-hack-password-bitcoin

authenticator app is a better solution.

Azure
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I will tag @Alan_K  just in case he is not aware of this issue.  I too had problems with email/password verification a couple of weeks ago.  SMS option worked but is not always convenient for those who manage accounts that they don't actually use. 

I had the same issue with the email/password verification recently too.

I ended up supplied the answers for the 8 questions to get through to moderator.

Agree with SMS verification.  Two users of my accounts that I managed do not live with me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I will tag @Alan_K  just in case he is not aware of this issue.  I too had problems with email/password verification a couple of weeks ago.  SMS option worked but is not always convenient for those who manage accounts that they don't actually use. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Azure hi this is a public forum we are customers like you if you want their attention you should private message them here  https:/productioncommunityypublicmobilee.cat55/notescomposepagee/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.