cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators Acknowledgement

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Moderator_Team

There are many members who are aggitated about the Fall 2016 promo and Freedom promo price increase/switch to koodo, I would like to appologize in adavance for any abuse you may face as people vent their anger to you. I understand you did not commence this change but I understand that you will unfourchantly face most of the repercussions. 

Second, telus appears to have the intention to shut PM down and I am sorry to any of you who may lose your jobs and best of luck looking for other ones. 

I wish you the best of luck in your future Moderators and I appreciate all the assistance you have provided me over my almost two years with PM.  I am sorry to leave PM but I understand when I am being shown the door. 

Thank you for your patience and apologize for all the abuse you may face over the next while. 

19 REPLIES 19

Mods have been quite quiet on boards

Other day I know they were drowned out in the noise but it is eerily quiet now that everything has died down

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@wetcoasterwrote:

@amallyawrote:

The price is going up because public mobile has to pay $15.hr to the mods now. This is why they are increasing prices. They should just cut some mods and keep the prices low.

STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN

@amallya

So, somebody who is earning a - probably still barely, depending on where they live - living wage for their hard work is on the gravy train?! Wow!

Get real - the gravy train is still picking up speed at the 6 and 7 figure level at the mother company, but not at the CSR front line.

haters gon hate. 

Mods are the reason PM is increasing prices unless they come out with a contradictory statement. The company will go bankrupt trying to pay Mods $15/hr. Running a telecom business is extremely difficult and full of risks. They have to pray for clear skies each day, otherwise the cellphone signals bounce off clouds and don't work properly and they lose millions $$$ per day. You have to know exactly the right time and frequency to dial the modem to make everybody's cell phone work on any given day. You probably don't even know what a megaBertz is. Go back to school kiddo.

Telus executives and CEOs deserve that $$$. They earned it! 

@amallyawrote:

The price is going up because public mobile has to pay $15.hr to the mods now. This is why they are increasing prices. They should just cut some mods and keep the prices low.

STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN

@amallya

So, somebody who is earning a - probably still barely, depending on where they live - living wage for their hard work is on the gravy train?! Wow!

Get real - the gravy train is still picking up speed at the 6 and 7 figure level at the mother company, but not at the CSR front line.

amallya

@jaswest2754wrote:

@amallya 

LMAO how about we cut bonuses and salaries to executives first then we can talk about cutting mods. 

For instance Darren Entwhistle, which makes 10 million a year, we cut his pay to 500,000 you know still a alot of money (he probably doesn't deserve it either seen as he probably had a hand in the destruction of PM as we knew it) and then disperse the 9.5 million out to new miniumum wage workers we could have 237 new mods to help us. Give or take a few to pay for benifits and that.

I think you are a hater.

Telus only made 1.5 billion in profits last year. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to run a telecommunications business with such little money!? Don't be a hater.

Also Dan should be making $20 million for running such a great company. Lebron James makes $30 million a year. Dan should make $20 mil easily.

What a great man. You should thank Dan for being such a great person.

jaswest2754

@amallya 

LMAO how about we cut bonuses and salaries to executives first then we can talk about cutting mods. 

For instance Darren Entwhistle, which makes 10 million a year, we cut his pay to 500,000 you know still a alot of money (he probably doesn't deserve it either seen as he probably had a hand in the destruction of PM as we knew it) and then disperse the 9.5 million out to new miniumum wage workers we could have 237 new mods to help us. Give or take a few to pay for benifits and that.

amallya

STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN

Wafer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is not totally legal, it's a bait and switch:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/03798.html

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ToniCipriani

PM employees are PM employees, not Koodo's. The reason you got a call from a Koodo number regarding your port is simply because PM and Koodo share the same porting team. It's not a PM rep or moderator who called you, but simply someone from our porting department 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

ToniCipriani

@jaswest2754wrote:

Second, telus appears to have the intention to shut PM down and I am sorry to any of you who may lose your jobs and best of luck looking for other ones. 

PM's reps are all borrowed from Koodo. Got called last time from them to resolve a repeat port issue, the incoming number was the same as Koodo's customer service.

@jaswest2754 actually they cost more somehow

Fido raised $40 to $45

Public raised $40 to $50???

jaswest2754

@kav2001c You figure PM would be cheaper with no phone support though.

luckiecookie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think Telus is closing PM. If they do, they won't "offer" the same service for extra $10/month.  

@Watoko it is funny because I even quoted Telus earnings discussion in other thread BEFORE this increase announced

Someone had posted "is Public dead" and I responded that Telus had been loud and clear they would try to force Public prepay to Koodo postpaid in order to increase earnings.

Funny I did not think it would be this soon or by such a large amount though

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Corporate wins again while the hard working low- and middle-class get shafted.

@Watoko it is totally legal

Prepay has no notice requirement they just do it to make sure to cover themselves

Watoko

@kav2001cwrote:

@Watokowrote:

They have upper management to blame for this poor PR stunt that the mods now have to deal with.

@Watoko yeah the renew everyone then send price increase is obviously planned and guaranteed to tick people off

I know my plan was one of the last days of the promo 120 plan so they timed it perfectly to catch nearly everyone

Evil with a capital T Cat Mad

I'm hoping that this is not legal, otherwise they planned this strategy right from the beginning to make sure they're not legally liable.

@Watokowrote:

They have upper management to blame for this poor PR stunt that the mods now have to deal with.

@Watoko yeah the renew everyone then send price increase is obviously planned and guaranteed to tick people off

I know my plan was one of the last days of the promo 120 plan so they timed it perfectly to catch nearly everyone

Evil with a capital T Cat Mad

Watoko

ute1978

I must say you are the nicest Canadian ever....

Need Help? Let's chat.