cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data isn't working

Pandalover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mobile data is turned on, but it randomly decided to stop working. I tried restarting my phone, twice. I took my SD card out then put it back in, nothing. How can I get it to work again? My account is still active.

26 REPLIES 26

happymelon324
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

that happened to me too. not too sure why.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Your SD card??

Or your SIM card?

@Pandalover   Oh, you have a dual sim phone.

You should have a setting like this to tell the phone which sim slot to use for data, you can change the setting without physically changing the SIM:

E-Phone-DualSIM.jpg

Pandalover

I switched my SIM card to slot 2 instead of slot 1, now my data is working again. Not sure why I had to do that.

@Pandalover wrote:

3G, my phone is Samsung A02

@Pandalover   why don't you try the LTE?

something like this:

E-Phone-PreNetworkType -LTE.jpg

@Pandalover wrote:

@Pandalover  - do you have the Global or North American version:

esjliv_0-1649471001635.png

Pandalover

@Pandalover wrote:

20220408_200655.jpg

 this is how much I've used so far.

@Pandalover  - you're right, lots, no issue there.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pandalover -

You need data or wifi for MMS, occasionally or very often?  How long are your text messages normally...🙂

If iphone:

Try turning off iMessage and enabling SMS and MMS on our device.

If android:

Turn off your Chat Features if enabled on the device.

For your data issue try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Pandalover

20220408_200655.jpg

 this is how much I've used so far.

Hi @Pandalover   This might be a faulty device or network problem in your area. 

Have you try to put the PM SIM in another phone ?   Try to use your phone in a different area, away from your home area.   

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you possibly have a vpn configured and on? I know this randomly stopped working but can you give images of your apn settings.

Pandalover

My data restarts every month, I don't use even close to the amount of data I have for my plan per month. I've barely even used 5MB for this month alone so far.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pandalover wrote:

My mobile data is turned on, but it randomly decided to stop working. I tried restarting my phone, twice. I took my SD card out then put it back in, nothing. How can I get it to work again? My account is still active.

@Pandalover  - do you have data left on your plan?

Check your overview section under this area. If the line exists then you do have data left. If you do not see any data line, then you have no data left to use in your current cycle.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you check your account for data under my data & add-ons? Or dial 611 and using your 4 digit pin check your data remaining.

@Pandalover   can you check your phone Preferred Network?  what is it using?  LTE or 3G?   

Also, what brand and model is your phone?

Pandalover

I tried turning off my WiFi and just have mobile data on. It's showing in my settings that it's on, but when I try to use the web it says there's no internet connection. So somehow my phone isn't even registering that my data is turned on.

@Pandalover   do you have the data issue when you are away from home?

If it is just an issue at  home when you have BOTH wifi and Mobile data on, it could be an Wifi issue

When you use internet , phone usually will take Wifi as the data connection and not Mobile Data.  When you have the interruption, it could be that the Wifi/home internet issue.  Unless you have enabled Wifi-assist/Adaptive Wifi, phone will still stick with Wifi instead of Mobile data when both are enabled, even the Wifi is not returning proper internet.

Pandalover

I use WiFi and my data because I can't send messages without data on whenever it turns into an MMS.

Pandalover

I have my data on because whenever I write a long message it turns into an MMS. So I can't just use regular WiFi.

@Pandalover wrote:

I am having the issue at home, I am on a 3G network. I have a Samsung A02.

@Pandalover   You meant you have been using 3G ONLY?  on the other hand, you tried LTE?

@Pandalover 

If you are at home. I would suggest you connect to your home wifi to reduce data usage.

Pandalover

I am having the issue at home, I am on a 3G network. I have a Samsung A02.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Pandalover 

Try rebooting your phone and see if that helps. Power your phone off then back on.

Also try putting the SIM in another phone to see if it still shows the same issue to narrow down whether it is your phone or network.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pandalover wrote:

@Pandalover   did you get this issue at a specific location like home or work? or pretty much everywhere?

Try changing the network to 3G ONLY /WCDMA ONLY and see if it works better

What kind of phone is that? brand and model?

It could also be just a device problem.  If possible, try to putting your SIM in another phone and use it for couple days and see if it is the same

Pandalover

*SIM card, not SD card

Need Help? Let's chat.