cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working after number change

robbyg32
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hey I just changed my phone number on the public mobile website and now my data is not working. All the apn settings are correct. I tried changing my plan again in hopes it correcting the issue and it deducted $45 from my account for the same plan that I usually pay $35 for ($10 off each month promotion). So now I am paying more for a service that doesn't even work. This problem persisted IMMEDIATELY after changing my number. I have tried ecerything like rebooting the phone, taking out and inserting the Sim card again and have verified all the settings are correct. Hence I do realize its an administrative issue. I would appreciate if you could resolve this problem as I have been a very happy customer with your services until now. As well as my plan l pay $35 month but it deducted $45 while I was trying to resolve this issue. I just want things to go back the way were. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Rob Gollo
2 REPLIES 2

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@robbyg32, Not sure why you would change plans to make your data work, the system charged the way it is suppose to charge and it warns you that you will be charged again having said that its normal got data not to work after a number change or port. To Speed up the process you should have turned off your phone during the number change process and then turn it back on after half hour to an hour but of course it to late now

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @robbyg32

With Public being prepaid each time you change your plan it will deduct from your balance.

In regards to the issue with your phone if you've tried doing a power reset and are sure the APN settings are correct you may want to contact Public Mobile via email through the Contact Us page by clicking the "Email Away" option in the bottom right and requesting technical assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.