cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed current provider phone call

Colly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed my previous provider’s phone call to confirm the cancellation of the plan I was on. Not sure if I need to contact them directly or if I need to contact Public Mobile again first. I would appreciate a suggestion on how to proceed.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi@Colly 

you are porting? do not contact your old provider to cancel.  Once porting done, account will be closed

So, you basically have missed the confirmation text to port?  call the PM porting team and they will re-initiate the porting request.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your inbox in the Community

it's true that customers shouldn't contact the old provider to request cancelation (at least almsot never), there are times that customers do need to contact the old provider to finalize the number porting.  Some carriers, for example Bell Canada, sometimes contact the customer and won't release the phone number until after trying to convince the customer to stay.

Colly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I didn’t call the old provider, I just switched the old SIM for the PM sim before receiving the call to port from old provider so I wasn’t an able to answer their call.

Thank you! I’ll get in touch with them and follow their instructions.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Colly , Did you leave the SIM from the other provider in your phone so that you could receive that text? If you are still within the 90 minute window, you could re-insert the old SIM card and check for that text message. If this was an eSIM activation, you could toggle the old eSIM back on to check for the text. Reply 'Yes' and the transfer will complete. If you are now outside that 90 minute window, you'll have to contact a Customer Support Agent to re-initiate the port request. I've included some links below to assist.

Number Transfer Troubleshooting:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

Link to PM CS_Agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Hope this helps.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Colly 

Providers usually don't really call you. They send a text to confirm the port. Did you receive a port from your other provider? If so, did you say YES? Is your previous providers SIM card still installed? 

If you already ported and you're able to make calls and text and surf using data, it pretty much means the port is complete. However, if you want, shut off the phone, remove the PM SIM and install the old providers SIM. Then reboot. If you see your old service providers name up in the top left corner, the port is not completed and you'll need to call the number that @hTideGnow provided. However it the name is not there, make a test call. If you can't make a call on it, it means the port has gone through and your account over there is automatically closed. If they are calling you, it's only to beg you to come back and spend more money! LOL.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Colly 

If you are porting over to PM, it will be a SMS text and not a phone call from your old carrier so check for a text and reply with YES with the old SIM in your phone…you have 90 minutes to reply or you will need to do extra steps.

If you missed this critical step then you need to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging to have the agent contact your old carrier to resend the text again.

A CS_Agent can be contacted at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Colly 

you are porting? do not contact your old provider to cancel.  Once porting done, account will be closed

So, you basically have missed the confirmation text to port?  call the PM porting team and they will re-initiate the porting request.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your inbox in the Community

Need Help? Let's chat.