cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive PM Outage in Markahm Sep 9, 2024

MT-PM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There was a Massive Public Mobile Outage in Markahm yesterday, Sep 9, 2024. It lasted more than 5 hours!

Telus / PM is now acting worse than Robbers (Rogers) and Bell!

What the heck is going on PM??!!

6 REPLIES 6

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MT-PM wrote:

I believe if you compare the quality of the service the main players provide in Canada to other countries,  you shall see the difference. Also, note that they pay much less. Agreed, the average rate has dropped, relatively.  However, by global standards, we're still paying significantly higher amounts. It's the question of the monopoly of a few players and their taking advantage of the market along with poor regulation for the purpose of profiteering and satisfying corporate greed at the expense of the users. 

Solution is very simple: let as ALL CANCEL our mobile services. EVERYBODY!

Then big 3 will drop prices and everybody will be happy. Are you ready to lie without mobile phone? And neither the others... So we will continue to be ripped off until monopoly allows world players to open their stores in Canada. And when will that happen? NEVER...

MT-PM

I believe if you compare the quality of the service the main players provide in Canada to other countries,  you shall see the difference. Also, note that they pay much less. Agreed, the average rate has dropped, relatively.  However, by global standards, we're still paying significantly higher amounts. It's the question of the monopoly of a few players and their taking advantage of the market along with poor regulation for the purpose of profiteering and satisfying corporate greed at the expense of the users. 

HI @MT-PM 

Disclaimer: I am not employee of Bell or Telus or any mobile carrier.  And I do not own any stock of any of them so I am not a shareowner of any

As said, Telus is just like you in yesterday's outage, they are the victim and not the cause of the outage

And, do you know how many outage for the major 3 networks daily in Canada?   The amount you are paying is actually nothing given that the rate has drop a lot in the last 5 years.

And, can you tell me a carrier with 100% uptime?

MT-PM

Yes, I am aware of Bell's network failure yesterday as well. With exorbitant rates we pay in Canada to these cell phone companies, we deserve better service. And your attempt to normalize failures as such is a very lame excuse, by the way. One network failure a day is quite a shame. Your comment tacitly suggests you're working for one of them, or have your hands in those big guys pockets! 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

ANY company could have outage at any time. None of them are failproof so there is no point of complaining.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MT-PM 

Telus won't be any worse that Bell.  Yesterday outage was in fact a Bell problem.  Telus uses Bell network towers and hence got affected by Bell outage

from what i heard from other community members, only part of Markham was affected.

and outage like this, it happens to all providers daily, just that you are not with them or you are not in the affected area and you don't know 

Need Help? Let's chat.