cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a mistake porting i think

jmomcc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up and took a new number because i wanted to make sure e-sim worked basically.

It worked and i signed up. I ported over from rogers and it seems to go successfully. On my account, you only see my ported number not the new number.

However on my phone, i still have two numbers and the new number is associated with public mobile. The cellular data works off that number but that number is not in service if called by my wife. My ported number will receive calls but not texts. It says no sim next to it. 

Any easy fix to this?

4 REPLIES 4

jmomcc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried all this and the part about imessage settings was the fix. Instant fix. Thank you so much. Saved me from contacting support. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jmomcc - If your ported number receives calls, that is normally a good indication your port was successful.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. See if that helps. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Do you have an iphone? Maybe deregister the new number you activated with and set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jmomcc 

Not sure the port fully worked. Will send you a PM to your message box top right corner for help.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jmomcc 

When you ported your number from Roger's, did you put your old Roger SIM card back in your device and reply yes to the port authorization text you would have received from them to permit them to release your number to public mobile?

That is necessary to do within 90 minutes of receiving that text.

If you need assistance, reach out to customer support:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.