cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messages with Images not downloading

Ron2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having issues sending a message to another Public Mobile user that has images in it. He has the now discontinued basic $10 plan which I believe does not include data but includes 50 messages per month. All he gets is a message which says "MMS message did not download". 

Could this be an issue with having no data? Or, would this be an issue with his phone configuration (or even mine)? He does have WiFi where he uses the phone. I am using an iPhone, and he has an Android. I can send messages with images to other people that have Android phones without any trouble.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

plmzaqplmzaq100

make sure his or her mobile data is turned on 

@Ron2 Please let us know whether or not you resolved your issue so that we could advice further if necessary.

Ron2

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will give them a try.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ron2 , make sure the phone APN settings are as follows.  

APN Settings:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ron2 ,

Have your friend check the Settings/Network/mobile data toggle. Turn it on.

How to turn on Mobile Data

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ron2 wrote:

MMS requires that the device data must be turned on and the PM APN setting added to the device. MMS do not use data but data must be turned on to be able to receive them."

By enabling Data do you mean just turning on "Cellular Data" under Settings, Cellular? 

His phone works fine for receiving and making calls. Does that mean APN settings are OK, or is there more to it than that?

Voice call does not need APN.  In order to get data working, his APN settings must be correct.  Yes, he need to enable celluar data on his phone settings.  After enable data, restart his phone to let PM SIM card to configure his APN settings.

Ron2

"@Ron2  MMS requires that the device data must be turned on and the PM APN setting added to the device. MMS do not use data but data must be turned on to be able to receive them."

By enabling Data do you mean just turning on "Cellular Data" under Settings, Cellular? 

His phone works fine for receiving and making calls. Does that mean APN settings are OK, or is there more to it than that?

popping

@Ron2 wrote:

What do you mean by "enabling data"?

Go to setting and enable data on his phone.

@Ron2  It means that data must be enabled on each device.

Ron2

What do you mean by "enabling data"?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ron2 wrote:

I am having issues sending a message to another Public Mobile user that has images in it. He has the now discontinued basic $10 plan which I believe does not include data but includes 50 messages per month. All he gets is a message which says "MMS message did not download". 

Could this be an issue with having no data? Or, would this be an issue with his phone configuration (or even mine)? He does have WiFi where he uses the phone. I am using an iPhone, and he has an Android. I can send messages with images to other people that have Android phones without any trouble.

@Ron2 hi you can send/receive with no data all you need is for both party's to have data enabled

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ron2  MMS requires that the device data must be turned on and the PM APN setting added to the device. MMS do not use data but data must be turned on to be able to receive them.

popping

@Ron2 wrote:

He need to enable data on his phone before he can send/receive picture MMS.  Data is included with the text messages on the $10 plan.

I am using a $10 plan and I can send/receive picture MMS without any issue.

Ask your friend to enable data and restart his phone to let PM SIM card to configure the APN setting on his phone which is need to get data working.

Need Help? Let's chat.