cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS issue

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can't get pictures to send or download all of a sudden on Google messages. I'm using Android 13. It was working a few days ago. Any help would be great.

8 REPLIES 8

Fredpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Called my phone company, they said that their last update only allows users to send/receive MMS under 1MB. I have tried sending items less than 1MB; that only works with others who use Google Messages. But i cant receive pictures from other google messages users. I have tried everything mentioned here and still cant get it to work. Im literally at a loss at this point. What else can I do?

Mohawk44

That's what I did with my King Kong 9 and it did nothing 

Mohawk44

I'm in Canada and using a Cubot King Kong 9 that was bought from AliExpress. Everything else works except MMS

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mohawk44 

what phone do you have? can you delete the current APN settings and re-add a new one for PM?  Some needs to do that before MMS works again

It's possible. 

Instead of changing the information, see if there is a way to delete them all and re- add. Hopefully will work.

@Mohawk44 wrote:

I did that and it's not working.

Could it be because my phone is from outside of Canada?

Are you right now in Canada or 'outside'?
Or your phone is not for Canadian market?

If MMS worked before did you change anything on your phone recently? DATA has to be on for native MMS to work. Do not use 3rd party app for SMS/MMS. 

Mohawk44

I did that and it's not working.

Could it be because my phone is from outside of Canada?

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try go into settings click connections click mobile networks and click access point names. Press three dots and click reset to default. Then restart your phone.  

If that doesn’t work go back into APN settings and use the information from this post.

Add this: 

Name: Public Mobile

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.