cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS and tethering not working Sonim XP7600

wjorenr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am new to the community. I have been with public mobile for a few months now but haven't been able to get the MMS or tethering working on my phone. I have a Sonim XP6700 ( i know not a common phone but still great for my needs nonetheless). It was originally locked to Telus, but I unlocked it before coming to PM. I am on the 3G plan, and my data works just fine.

The MMS on my phone doesn't send or recieve, I just get an error saying message could not be sent, or failed to download. I have checked and rechecked my APN settings, even creating a new one just for MMS and another one for tethering. I have played with different APN types, so I'm really lost as to what the issue is. 

Tethering also doesn't seem to work, I even tried downloading 3rd party apps,but still couldn't get it to work. 

Could there be an issue with my account? I see that I have unlimited texting on my plan, but I can't find anything that says MMS or tethering is enabled specifically. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10

wjorenr

Happy new year! 

Yes I know I'm not able to edit them, I did create a new APN with all the APN types, and also tried leaving it blank, however I'm still unable to download or send any MMS's and can't tether. One of the mods submitted a ticket to the tech dept. and hopefully they will help. If I figure out a solution from them I will post it.

@wjorenr wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried again but still didn't work. I am unable to disable  or edit the factory Telus APN's. Theres no section on my phone to change the last two settings you gave me, the MVNO settings i think it was. 

The factory APNs cannot be edited.  A new one needs to be created.  There's no need to have the tethering APN.  sp.mb.com will support tethering as well.  Simply add dun to the APN type field if there's problems with tethering.  Some devices need this, some don't.  The MVNO fields are optional.

wjorenr

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried again but still didn't work. I am unable to disable  or edit the factory Telus APN's. Theres no section on my phone to change the last two settings you gave me, the MVNO settings i think it was. 

These I posted referenced from MY Handset, these I know work

Hoping these will help you too

TRY THESE:

APN (Access Point Name) and Tethering APN Protocol Set-up Guide

APN Settings:

Name: Mobile Internet

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Re: APN (Access Point Name) and Tethering APN Protocol Set-up Guide

APN Tethering Settings:

Name: Tethered Mobile Internet

APN: isp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: Not set

MMS proxy: Not set

MMS port: Not set

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: dun

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Try changing APN type to:

default,supl,mms

Delete all other APNs if possible.

wjorenr

26133374_2021946581153563_236908448_n.png26135104_2021946617820226_1317688251_n.png26175848_2021946537820234_2103289730_n.png26176479_2021946564486898_280963293_n.png26177387_2021946454486909_621803284_n.png

@wjorenr

Can you post a screenshot of your complete APN settings?

wjorenr

Yes I was aware, I had to unlock it to use my phone in Europe with a different SIM. Could it possibly be the factory installed APN that is causing this issue? There are two telus APN's one for data and mms the other for tethering, both of which I'm not able to change.

I have never been able to tether, but I was able to send picture and video messages at one point, but for the last couple months anyway, I haven't been able to.  I will send a message to the moderator team as well, thank you!

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, just a heads up, you don't need to unlock your phone if the phone is locked to Telus or Koodo since Telus bought Public Mobile. Now for the issue of not being able to tether and not recieve text messages. Has it been occuring ever since you activated a line or did it just start recently? Usually with data issues, its always best to look at APN settings which you already did and I sugggest you directly message the @CS_Agent and let them know the issue. Just give them your account # and phone #

Need Help? Let's chat.