cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Not Working

vanu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, so for the past three weeks my MMS has not been working(incoming MMS is received but out going MMS is not getting delivered)

and I have the correct APN settings and everything. Any help will be greatly appreciated 

6 REPLIES 6

vanu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes it has worked before and now there is a problem. The phone is a Google pixel 6 and I have tried all the above settings. These are my APN settings 

Screenshot_20220701-181533.png

Screenshot_20220701-181526.png

Screenshot_20220701-181511.png

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Something is up with MMS, I can't send or recieve and I have phone updates turned off so it shouldn't be a software change at my end.  Has PM said anything official about it?

Update: it started working again on its own.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vanu - if you are iphone then ensure both SMS and MMS is enabled on your device. Same goes for the person(s) you are trying to send to.

If you are android, do you use Chat Features? I would recommend turning this feature off, IMHO.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

If still issues, try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

In order for MMS to work, data has to be on even though sending/receiving MMS will not use your data allowance.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@vanu Hi if there’s only an issue with outgoing it’s probably because the person receiving mms has there data off

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @vanu   

It worked before and just have problem lately?

And you have this issue sending with different person or so far just testing with one?

the receiving end has enable Mobile Data?  The other end can receive text and phone calls from you?

what kind of phone is that? the make and model?

I believe you have Mobile Data turned on?

did you try reboot the phone?

did you try to refresh network?

Can you send us screenshot of your APN?

Need Help? Let's chat.