cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lte issue

rebe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Lte is not working  just changed with a new sim card swap and still not working but switching sim cards from another works ??

really frustrating and had to get help ?

Please advise

12 REPLIES 12

Nextreme

Have you double checked that your phone itself is not limiting your data limit?  On most phones there is a setting that sets a data limit or warning for the month. Most Samsung phones have a default of 2Gb per month. When you hit that limit the phone itself will turn off data.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Does PM have LTE?

@CountyDownIeUk   Yes, PM use both LTE and 3G for data and use 3G for voice

on LTE, data speed is limited to 3Mbps, on 3G, data speed can go up to 12Mbps but it might have higher latency

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rebe   

If this is an Apple iPhone, plug the phone in computer , connect to iTune and update the phone as well as the Carrier profile.

You can also  try to do a network reset and see if it helps (please note after a network reset, you will have to resetup your Wifi)

If this phone is new or you don't mind to re-setup the whole phone, you can try Factory Reset

if issue persists, please provide us more information:

1. was this phone ever work with Mobile Data on this PM SIM?

2. one thing I am not sure from your original post, did you try to put another SIM on this phone and did it work with that other SIM?

3, you tried to put your PM sim on another phone and did it work?

4. what brand/model is this phone?

@rebe 

There is a few variations of the pm APN that work but compare yours to this one....

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

@rebe wrote:

Hi not able to connect to the internet at all -only works with wifi or if i insert card in another phone and when I switch my sim card to this phone it works fine??

its like it is not activated for LTE but cell number works fine

LTE doesn't mean internet/mobile data.  LTE is only a network type and can be also be used for text messaging.  It is also used at others carriers for phone calls, but not here at Public Mobile.

Since you mobile data isn't working, I suspect that the APN settings are not set correctly on your device.  If you have a Android device, I would start off by taking a look here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rebe wrote:

My Lte is not working  just changed with a new sim card swap and still not working but switching sim cards from another works ??

really frustrating and had to get help ?

Please advise

Carlo Froio

@rebe  Do you see something like this in your device's settings?

Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Enable LTE: turn ON.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rebe : I'm confused. So...you have a phone. You have a PM SIM. The data is not working in that phone. You have a second phone. You put the PM SIM in that second phone...what happens? You put the SIM back in the first phone...what happens?

@rebe did it work before and just stopped working?  you tried to change thr network to 3G only?

rebe

Hi not able to connect to the internet at all -only works with wifi or if i insert card in another phone and when I switch my sim card to this phone it works fine??

its like it is not activated for LTE but cell number works fine

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rebe : Your phone will generally idle on LTE. The current LTE here is a throttled speed LTE.

Do you have data left in your My Data & Add-ons? Did you turn on cell/mobile data?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rebe what do you meant by LTE  not work?

you meant it didn't give you LTE speed or thr phone not working at all when selected LTE?  do you have to change to 3G only to resume the call and data service?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Does PM have LTE?

Need Help? Let's chat.