cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need public mobile to send chatr another port request

westcoastreboot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I no longer have my old Sim and chatr will accept the request but I need a new one sent from public mobile 

14 REPLIES 14

@hTideGnow wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this DIRECT link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

@esjliv   Just to confirm, is this direct link works to open ticket for port in request too? 

I read the Help article and  it said it could be used for port out request but didn't mention about port in  request. (text not receive on another provider to approve porting in to PM).  Just want to confirm to update my note..  thanks

@hTideGnow 

I would refer that link for porting in or out, at least that is how I have been using it.

esjliv_0-1636144737714.png

But after clicking '...submit a ticket', i noticed yesterday, that link kind of goes 'off the rails'.

Brings you here, which has no topics about porting.

Just wrong and not very helpful. So maybe they are working on the BOT forms?

esjliv_1-1636145074626.png

@esjliv wrote:

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this DIRECT link to re-initiate the port:

@esjliv   Just to confirm, is this direct link works to open ticket for port in request too? 

I read the Help article and  it said it could be used for port out request but didn't mention about port in  request. (text not receive on another provider to approve porting in to PM).  Just want to confirm to update my note..  thanks

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541  the DIRECT Link I attached didn't get anywhere either - gesh!

Unless, I was doing something wrong. Private Messaging it will be then.  😕

The direct link works fine. Maybe just some late night issue yesterday?

@hTideGnow 

I agree. Giving out the number privately is completely acceptable. I had an activation that I had to call the telus porting department 3 times to finally get the number ported. The last and finally successful call was at 7:59 pm pt.

@darlicious  no, OP still has not read the message yet.  hope he will later in the morning

So, the number is still ok to give out privately?  Just surprise everyone is asking OP to open ticket.  if a simply port request can be settle faster , why bother with chatbot?  Afterall, this is PM customer only chance to talk to a live human. 😂

@hTideGnow 

Did the OP read your private message? Less than a minute to call...

@westcoastreboot 

You have 6 minutes to call the telus porting department phone number before they close for the night. Have your chatr account # ready.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

EDIT - yup @computergeek541 ridiculous.

If SIMbot is an issue go this route to submit a ticket:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

I gave the old instructions that used to work only to find after some testing that SIMon no longer gives the option to contact a CSA when that's the only possible official resolution.

@computergeek541  the DIRECT Link I attached didn't get anywhere either - gesh!

Unless, I was doing something wrong. Private Messaging it will be then.  😕

@esjliv wrote:

I originally gave the old instructions (of saying port request) that used to work only to find after some testing that SIMon no longer gives the option to contact a CSA when that's the only possible official resolution.

@westcoastreboot 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastreboot there is actually a number you can call and talk to.  Let me send you the number to your Community inbox.  But it is too late now.  you can call tomorrow morming instead.

@esjliv wrote:

@westcoastreboot wrote:

I no longer have my old Sim and chatr will accept the request but I need a new one sent from public mobile 

@westcoastreboot 

So, how will you know chatr approves the port, will you need to contact them again?

OR, I guess when your Public Mobile phone receives incoming calls on your device...as incoming are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@J_PM 

I just spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open a ticket through SIMon in a way that Public Mobile consdiers proper without bypassing all the troubleshooting algorithms. How does Public Mobile expect a new customer to be able to figure that out?  The process is inefficient.  The old "port request" keyword goes in an endless looop of unhelpful troubleshooting techniques and gives the customer no way to contact anyone.  Please, once and for create an easy way for people to open tickets.  It's not supposed to be this difficult.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@westcoastreboot wrote:

@westcoastreboot 

So, how will you know chatr approves the port, will you need to contact them again?

OR, I guess when your Public Mobile phone receives incoming calls on your device...as incoming are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@westcoastreboot wrote:

You will need the help of a Public Mobile customer support agent (CSA) to fix this porting issue . Please open https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and then type "fix porting issue".  Then choose "continue troubleshooting", "still not working", and "contact us".

Need Help? Let's chat.