cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Ulli1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone has been lost. Can't log in to account as SMS 6 digit verification code goes to lost phone. How to change 2 step verification to email?

4 REPLIES 4

Tommy2b

I had this same problem.  I read about asking for resend code a few times until the email option appears, but I kept doing that for 10-15 minutes with no luck.  I also tried putting in wrong codes, no luck.

What FINALLY worked was asking for a password reset (even though i knew the old password).  After I set a new password, the first time I clicked 'resend code' it showed the email option.  FINALLY.

Incredibly stupid for Public to design it so you need to log in to do anything about your lost phone, but you need your lost phone to log in!!!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ulli1 

You can just dial 1-855-4PUBLIC and suspend his account by removing AutoPay or login to your account and disable Subscription to stop payment.

Also login to your phone account and click on Find My to locate his phone.

dxn1

I experienced the lost phone situation a few days ago myself . The suggestion from @Handy1 to send a private message would be good, except that you still need the verification code to sign in to the Community in order to send the private message.  Hopefully the other suggestion to tap resend code a few time does allow you to have the verification code sent to email.

@Ulli1 I hope you recover your lost phone.  The next time you sign in, check the box to trust the device you are using for signing in.  This is on the bottom of the page where you would enter the verification code.   This will allow access to your online account without requiring the code as long as it is your trusted device (laptop or desktop).     

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ulli1  Tap resend code a few times until you see option to send to email instead . Worst case you can submit ticket with support to help also 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.