cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my sim card while travelling, can't log into my account because it wants to text verification

Ber_mel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my public mobile sim card while travelling (I swaped to a UK sim card while I was there, but then  misplaced my original Canadian one), now that I am back I ordered and receive a new public mobile sim card but I can't swap it because I can't log into my account, this is because when I log in with my email and password it's trying to send a confirmation code that I obviously can't receive while I don't have a functioning number. What can I possibly do in this situation? The chatbot options don't give me a way to talk to a real person unless I sign in, but I can't sign in without a code., so I am stuck paying for something I can't use. For some reason, the login options don't give me the option to send a verifcation code by email. So I messaged the Instagram page for public mobile and they told me to make a new community account so I can post the message on the board. So now that I am here, can I get help getting me account validated so that I can swap my number to the new SIM card? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Ber_mel

Ok, this worked. I had to pretend to lose my password to get a verification code by email. This doesn't seem like the greatest system out there, but at least I can relax now.

Try it a few times @Ber_mel and you’ll likely be given the option for email.

Ber_mel

When I click resend code, it only gives the option of "Send text" and "Send voice message". I guess I will try the option above to put a wrong code in 4 times and then go from there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ber_mel 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup on this new system. 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ber_mel- When you get the screen for the confirmation code, click on the resend code option.  It should give you a new option list that includes email.

Need Help? Let's chat.