cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my rewards after conversion from old rewards program

Patrick121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm subscribed to the 15$/mo basic plan. It looks like I've lost all of my rewards from the legacy program. I had a 2$/mo rebate for automatic top-up and a 2$/mo loyalty rebate. All I have now is the 1 point/mo for friend referral. I was expecting to get the equivalent in points after the conversion.

8 REPLIES 8

SWND1

I am absolutely not happy with the change. I lost $2 autopay and $5 royalty per month. It creates more work for you when you want to redeem the points to lower your bill. It is absolutely terrible. Prepay plan from Freedom is a lot cheaper and better plan. I will switch to Freedom. Good bye for good PM.

Sherry-55

Same here, my monthly plan went from 6.90 to 14.95 today. Been with PM since June 15 2018, it sucks

Patrick121

What about what's on PM home page about paying the same every month? That's not true with the lost rewards.

Screenshot_2024-06-12_12-01-42.png

@QQ123 wrote:

This is a bummer. Will switch to Lucky I guess, at least they offer 4g on their $15 plan

When a plan includes only 250MB, I would say that the speed of the data plays far less of a factor than the amount of data included.

QQ123

This is a bummer. Will switch to Lucky I guess, at least they offer 4g on their $15 plan

Radiant1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are correct, any previous rewards accumulated under the old reward system have been wiped out and will not be reinstated. I am in the same boat as you, and am not happy with this change.

Patrick121

So as a way to thank me for my loyalty, my 2$/mo does not count as a 10 points/year loyalty? And the same plan now cost me 4$/mo more than before just because I got converted to the points program?

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Patrick121- Here is some info about Public Points, and you may lose some rewards.

Public Mobile made a change on all customers rewards systems, switching people in May of 2024 to Public Points, introduced in January 2022.

You will lose out on:

• Up to $5 loyalty credits
  • $2 Autopay

You will now get with Public points:

• 5% back on your plan that you spent on.
  • 10 points annually as a thank you for loyalty
  • 5 welcome points when you enter the dashboard for the first time

You will keep earning these rewards as points:

• Community give back rewards
  • Refer a Friend 1 point per referral

You should have received an SMS or and email stating the change and you may have noticed some loyalty bonus data in My Account, which is a sort of thanks for your continued loyalty.

You Can redeem Public Points like these:

• All Add-ons for $5 less
  • $15 bill credit for 15 points
  • And other offers that come and go.
Need Help? Let's chat.