cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone number was In a coma

deeschmizz2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number is attached as a 2nd factor authentication for many important accounts.  I need this number back...

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@deeschmizz2 

Depending on what make of phone you have. 
You can login to your phone account and check on Find My Phone and see where it is located.

Then purchase a new SIM and click on Change SIM Card in your account if you are on AutoPay.

If non-payment is longer than 90 days then the number is lost.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@deeschmizz2  sorry to hear this.

Have you ever created a My Account before? If not and you are a current customer (have been active within 90 days and have not ported out to another provider), you can submit a ticket here to: Create My Account or forgot My Account email or password link

Or, when you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) and your number cannot be found, then your account (and likely number) is gone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@deeschmizz2   how you lost your phone number?

Was the account permanently closed due to non payment for over 90 days after suspension?

If your account was suspended for less than 90 days, you can login back to My Account and reactivate the service

But if you account was over 90 days suspension, yes, it will be permanently closed.  Can you get back your number?  You might or might not be. 

If the number was ported into Public Mobile form another provider other than Koodo or Telus, the number would have been returned back to the original provider where you got the number from and PM would not be able to help.  You need to check with that original provider

If you got the number from PM/Koodo/Telus, there is a slight chance you can  get it back , but usually only if the account was closed not long ago.  

So, where you got the number from originally? And how long you lost your service with PM?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@deeschmizz2  You may need support to help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.