cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone and want my same number back

Karmasabitch6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone today and desperately need my same number for work, when activating at Walmart I was told I had to activate it first and then change my number but now Im confused why it's so difficult to complete

4 REPLIES 4

@Karmasabitch6 

That's unfortunate that walmart did not properly advise you and should have known that sim activation on a new account would not solve your issue. Have you reported your phone lost/stolen in your account? This will suspend the service in your phone until you can replace the sim in your account. 

Did you use a referral code when you activated the account? If you used your own referral code and you havent referred anyone before you will recieve a bonus $20 referral credit on top of the $1 monthly reward and the $10 referral credit on the new account. If no referral code was used you can contact the moderators to have them add yours to your new account. Do this before the end of May when the promotion ends.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Karmasabitch6  The Walmart rep gave you the wrong advice.

All you need to do is to purchase a new PM sim card. Access your selfserve account and select the "change sim" option located below your profile info. Enter the new sim card number and your done. Insert the new sim into your new/backup phone and everything should be the same. (Phone number, plan and account).

To go with what @computergeek541 has said here is a picture.

GREEN ARROW.

You get new sim card. Log into original account and click "change sim card"

Screenshot_20200224_194920.jpg

@Karmasabitch6 wrote:

I lost my phone today and desperately need my same number for work, when activating at Walmart I was told I had to activate it first and then change my number but now Im confused why it's so difficult to complete

In this type of situation, you would not activate at Walmart. Sorry, but you ended up wasting money by doing this.  You need to purchase the sim card and have it left unactivated. What you did was likely activate a brand new account. Unfortunately, you cannot transfer a phone number from one Public Mobile account to another.

You'll have to purchase another new Public Mobile sim card and make sure that the store does not activate it. Go into your account (your first Public Mobile account) by going to selfserve.publicmobile.ca .  One in there, you can assign the sim card to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.