cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost\Stolen Phone Transfer Account

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey folks,

My mother's phone was lost or stolen and I have an extra SIM card here that I can put into her old phone. My concern is, her account was just recently renewed and she doesn't want to lose her phone number.

What do I need to do here to keep things as they are, just moved to a new SIM card?

@Shazia_K help would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10

Agreed with @Someone_here
But I am not only looking for few dollars reward I like community forums its a good place to connect with new peoples and of course like helping other fellows as well
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Definitively worth the $4-6 you'll get reward with!

Lol you got that's right I have multiple computer and I hired peoples who look after my community account so help spread out quickly
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@imm1304 wrote:

speedy @Samianauman beat me to it 😄

Glad to hear you figured it out @nekkidtruth

Cheers

This guy must have like 3 computers running side by side.  Nothing gets by him.   Smiley Tongue

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If possible, it would be a good idea to do a remote reset to delete any personal stuff.  I don't know if Public Mobile will do it, perhaps ask a moderator to blacklist the phone. 

Lol I know right @imm1304

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

speedy @Samianauman beat me to it 😄

Glad to hear you figured it out @nekkidtruth

Cheers

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @nekkidtruth,

Sorry to hear about your mother's lost/stolen phone.

Its really easy to transfer her account to the spare sim you have as long as that sim has not been activated previously.  

Sign into selfserve and click on "Plans and Add-ons" tab and then "Change sim".

Enter the new sim's serial number and update.  

This will result in her account transferring to the new sim and the old sim will become useless.  She will retain the same number as this simply moves her service to the new sim card.  

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I actually just found that! Haha Thanks!

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If you already have extra sim all you have to do login self serve and click change sim card your plan will change to new sim don't worry you won't she won't lose number or plan that's good that you have a extra new sim just transfer sim and she's good after that and sorry for your lost
Need Help? Let's chat.