cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Sim

Rabiaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I have lost my phone and want to replace my sim but want to keep the same number as I use it for my CRA login etc.

Can I get the same sim reissued to my address. Urgent help needed

11 REPLIES 11

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rabiaz 

get a replacement sim, then log in to your account and do this to change the sim number. You'll still have the same phone number as you had...

siimmm.jpg

@Rabiaz wrote:

Oh great. so I don't need to cancel my subscription or anything

@Rabiaz , there is no need to change subscription, you just need to enter the new SIM card number into the account and insert the SIM into the phone.  Everything else remains the same.  

@Rabiaz 

Definitely do not cancel the account or you will lose the number.

But you will want to mark as lost/stolen as I outlined earlier.

@Rabiaz 

Once you change the SIM card number everything will be switched over to the new SIM.

Don’t cancel your subscription because you will need to pick a new number as your old number is linked to your old account.

Rabiaz

Oh great. so I don't need to cancel my subscription or anything

@Rabiaz wrote:

But I want the number to be same, will I be able to update the same number? will I need to cancel my subscription?

Your phone number won't be affected.  When you have a new SIM card, go to your online account, under the profile tab you will see the current SIM number, just do a number update using the new SIM and you are good to go.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rabiaz 

first, go into your account and mark your device as lost/stolen.

Then acquire a new Public Mobile Sim card, then go into self-serve profile and update the Sim number associated with your account.

Then go back under the lost/stolen, designation and reverse what you did initially.

Rabiaz

So just update my old number? will I need to cancel my subscription?

Rabiaz

But I want the number to be same, will I be able to update the same number? will I need to cancel my subscription?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rabiaz 

You should pickup a new SIM from your local Telus/Koodo store then login to your account and go to the Profile section and click on Change SIM Card Number. 

When login to your account click on Resend Code/Didn’t Receive Code and you will have the option to have the 2FA code sent by email.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rabiaz , please use incognito mode on your browser when updating the SIM card number.  It should work.  

Need Help? Let's chat.