cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card before sign up online account

liupu1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, my cousin lost the SIM card on the following day of getting the SIM card. I just purchased a new one for him but haven't figure out how to change the number. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

9 REPLIES 9

liupu1989

Yes, as previously someone said, I activated the account in store and then give to my cousin for using. He immediately lost both the phone and sim card on the following day. As a result, I am unable to set up a self serve account anymore as a text code is needed. 

I also talked to the guys in walmart, where I activated the SIM card. They also have no ideas as they don't have access to the account. 

A ticket has been rasied and waiting for moderator's reply.

Must be as @computergeek541  says, activated in store but sim not put in phone, was lost, so no text to set up self serve. I have never been involved in a dealer activation so was unaware of this difference with setting up the self serve account. The fog is beginning to lift as longs as @liupu1989 @doesn't come back and say it was an online self activation! Makes sense that morenliklihood losing sim after a dealer activation than losing sim sitting at desk activating at home.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liupu1989 wrote:

Haven't created an online account before losing SIM card

We're still not clear. If you activated in store then when you go to create the My Account you need to have the SIM that was used at activation to receive a text for signing up. A new SIM won't help. If you activated yourself then an account would have been created in the process. If the SIM hasn't been activated then you're simply at square one starting again needing to get a new SIM.

@AE_Collector wrote:

But was an account created with the SIM card and a phone number? Even if you hadn't gone to your self serve account I think thevSelfvServe account was created when you create the new Public Mobile account so you can still go there and swap SIM cards to your new one. 

If it was just an inactivate new SIM card that was lost you don't need to do anything other than have another new one on hand to use when you go to create your public mobile account.

I guess I am still not following the situation properly. I see no need to contact anyone in either of these situations.

AE_Collector

The only way not to have created a self serve account yet would have been for this activation to be done at retail location. The person would need to receive a code by text message to be able to set up the self serve account. If the customer does not have that code or never inserted the sim card into the phone before losing it, Public Mobile's moderators must be contacted.

But was an account created with the SIM card and a phone number? Even if you hadn't gone to your self serve account I think thevSelfvServe account was created when you create the new Public Mobile account so you can still go there and swap SIM cards to your new one. 

If it was just an inactivate new SIM card that was lost you don't need to do anything other than have another new one on hand to use when you go to create your public mobile account.

I guess I am still not following the situation properly. I see no need to contact anyone in either of these situations.

AE_Collector

liupu1989

Haven't created an online account before losing SIM card

liupu1989

Thanks 

I thought one just logged into self serve and did the Change SIM card thing? What am I Missing?

AE_Collector

@liupu1989 wrote:

Hi everyone, my cousin lost the SIM card on the following day of getting the SIM card. I just purchased a new one for him but haven't figure out how to change the number. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

You'll need to contact the moderators. A ticket can be opened by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ . I'm assuming that you at least know the PIN for the account? Don't tell that to anyone in this thread, but do provide it to Public Mobile when submitting the ticket so that they can verifiy that the account is yours (cousin's).

Need Help? Let's chat.