cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calling not active

Rushabh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I get a long distance calling not active message when i call my wife's freedom number. Even though she is sitting beside me.

14 REPLIES 14

Rushabh

Thanks yes both our numbers have 647 as first 3 digits.

I will reachout to a moderator.

Rushabh

No i don't have canada wide calling. I don't use it so i didn't opt for it.

And I don't wish to pay for something that is public mobile career problem.

Rushabh

No she hasn't blocked me

@gblackma wrote:

What's the make and model of your wife's phone @Rushabh . Could you check it to see if she blocked your number by accident? Thanks.

The incoming end blocking the other person cannot cause the outgoing caller to hear an error message about long distance.

@Rushabh wrote:

Hello,

I get a long distance calling not active message when i call my wife's freedom number. Even though she is sitting beside me.

Her sitting beside you doesn't mean much. What's important is which city are you in now and which city is her phone number from?

In any event, when it comes to the suggestions about dialing the 1 before the area code of your wife's phone number, that should not do anything other than allow you to skip a remdinder message that the call is long ditsance. That's all dialing the 1 should do, and after listing to such a message, the phone call should complete.

What is the exact wording of the message?  Is it saying that long distance isn't included in your plan or that "talk" isn't included?  If it's giving one of those error messages, this is likely a provsioning/setup issue with your account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rushabh  Try dialing the number directly. That error usually occurs if your are trying to call a US area code. Check the number in your contacts.

@Rushabh Check the CNA code website . To see if as @zblackma mentions above. If one set of numbers isn't local to the area. Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Rushabh  what area code is your wife's phone and what area code is yours?

Is your wife's by chance 647? 

This is an older link..2017 with an issue from 647 area code....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Call-to-local-Freedom-Mobile-number-gives-...

They had to contact moderators to fix.

However recently there has been a few new area codes introduced in Canada. Maybe her area code is a new one???

To reach moderators there is two options.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

CLICK HERE 

@Rushabh wrote:

No i have this number and have been with public for 5+ years.

My wife recently got the freedom number but other people can make calls to her number.

I have tried rebooting the phone also tried with calling with +1 same response.

Yes she can call me with no issues

@Rushabh  What plan are you on.  Do you have Canada wide calling or are on an older plan with only provincial wide calling?  If that is the case purchase the $5/500 Canada wide minutes to supplement your plan.

What's the make and model of your wife's phone @Rushabh . Could you check it to see if she blocked your number by accident? Thanks.

@Rushabh wrote:

My wife recently got the freedom number but other people can make calls to her number.

Rushabh

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rushabhtry dialing a 1 in front of the number. The second  3 number set of digits for one of you may not local to your area. 1 xxx yyy xxx.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rushabh wrote:

Hello,

Have you tried adding +1 in front of her number before calling.?  Actually adding +1 in front of all numbers is a good idea.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you just port your number? 

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Have you dialed her number with a 1 infront of it?

Is it only this number with issues?

Can she call you?

Need Help? Let's chat.