cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance

SK5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will long distance charges apply to calls made while I'm in Ontario (I'm based in Vancouver).  Can I turn on my data to check emails, book an Uber, etc without getting extra charges.  (Be kind I'm 69 and it's all new to me!!  Thanks in advance).  My current plan does not include LD.  Can I upgrade just for a few weeks?

6 REPLIES 6

Good one, @dust2dust   

You had me at "Lee"

Guilty LOL

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SK5 wrote:

will long distance charges apply to calls made while I'm in Ontario (I'm based in Vancouver).

No, so long as you didn't subscribe to the Provincial plans a couple years back, then all plans are Canada-wide, meaning ALL OF CANADA is within one zone

Can I turn on my data to check emails, book an Uber, etc without getting extra charges. 

Not extra charges, but it will consume data from your available data allotment. The best part of pre-paid with Public Mobile, is no overages or surprise charges.  Either a service works, or it doesn't.

(Be kind I'm 69 and it's all new to me!!  Thanks in advance).  My current plan does not include LD.  Can I upgrade just for a few weeks?

Do you mean long-distance by LD?  If you mean for calling to outside of Canada, you will have to purchase a long-distance add-on to call other countries.  If this is what you mean, you'll get a minute allotment and that'll stay on your account until it's fully consumed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SK5 

Data is Canada-wide , no provincial boundary, so feel free to use

For calls, unless you are in the provincial calling plan, most of us in Canada wide calling, so, you can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada 🙂

@Handy1- But boy watch out for those sunset bills. And that's awfully nice of Lee to pay. 🙂

Adding - just for the context of the poor joke - he wrote sunrise bill and Lee paid. So I made a joke.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SK5  no, You can call anywheres in Canada , from any where in Canada and it won’t cost you a thing 

add all plans are Canada wide mins / and you won’t ever get a surprise bill as Public mobile is pre paid  service 

Need Help? Let's chat.