cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance calling

Dumb1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Waht does Unlimited Canada-wide minutes mean?

15 REPLIES 15

Dumb1

Already have read the site map. But thanks for the heads up.

Dumb1

Sat phones and plans are the new kid on the block. I need one for off road, bush use.

Dumb1

As long as one includes a 1 plus area code, then telephone number one can call across network system in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dumb1 wrote:

Can we be clear, anywhere? In Canada. How about if I was in the NWT, can I call from there?

@Dumb1 

visit to Coverage Map Here .

Dumb1

I will be there this year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wikipedia says 898 people. I'd say having the coverage they have is respectable. At least they're present.

Dumb1

Tuktoyaktuk has limited coverage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dumb1 : Exceedingly unlikely. Satphones are in a whole 'nother realm

Dumb1

Anyone know if Satellite phones and plans are ot will be available soon!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dumb1 : Scroll down to all the footer stuff and click Coverage map. Locate where you might need service and see if it's covered.

Dumb1

Can we be clear, anywhere? In Canada. How about if I was in the NWT, can I call from there?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dumb1  - Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes means you can call any time of day anywhere in Canada, while you are also in Canada.

There were also plans activated in early 2021 when Provincial ONLY plans were the only option for a period of time. These plans would require a Canada-Wide addon to call outside of their province. Or, better yet, these customers should probably change their plan to the current InMarket plans with Canada Wide Calling included.

You Subject says Long Distance calling, were you referring to only Canada calls? Because some addons (some freebies given away by Public Mobile, for example) include both Canada, USA, and other selected countries.

@pkaraa wrote:

@Dumb1 wrote:

If anyone does not have the unlimited Canada wide calling included in their plan (like $15 plan) then it is useful to call Canada wide unlimited minutes. If one has the unlimited calling minutes plan then this add-on is not for them.

You are quite correct. ONLY those with $15 plan (or any grandfathered plan without unlimited Canada wide calls) can benefit buying this add-on. For everybody else it is free and included in they plan!

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dumb1 wrote:

If anyone does not have the unlimited Canada wide calling included in their plan (like $15 plan) then it is useful to call Canada wide unlimited minutes. If one has the unlimited calling minutes plan then this add-on is not for them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dumb1 

is mean you can make a call anywhere in Canada.

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges..

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service..

Need Help? Let's chat.