cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Call

Monthermay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have just set up the new line, and every time I make a call, it says it’s a long distance call even though I am calling my wife next to me. 

can you please fix it?

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Monthermay 

open your phone app and go into its settings. look for something called assisted dialing and make sure it's enabled. it automatically adds the +1

Jboeringa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I would definitely suggest that. It is very annoying to have to add the +1 every time. Also any new contacts, just add the +1 at the start. Ive made it a habit to do for each new contact. Just covers all bases.

@Monthermay wrote:

Thanks, It works now but does that mean that I should change all the numbers and add +1? It doesn’t make sense to me to add +1 every time I make a call

Yes, adjust your contacts to add 1 in the front. Maybe there is a way to mass do it depending on if the contact app or calling app allows it automatically.  

@Monthermay yes you do but once in your contact list you never have to do it again , all text messages start that way aswell 

Monthermay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, It works now but does that mean that I should change all the numbers and add +1? It doesn’t make sense to me to add +1 every time I make a call

Jboeringa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yea, if you add the +1 to the number of your contacts, it should bypass the long distance message

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Monthermay Try dialling with +1 in the front and it should go through. 

Need Help? Let's chat.