cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login issues

Quinn_Harris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I created an account about a week ago to order my sim card. My sim card came in and I want to activate it but I can't login. I've tried every password I can think of. I tried doing the password reset but then when it asks for my email it says "unable to verify email address". I try creating an account just in case my account was deleted or something but when I enter my phone number it says "number not recognized or account already exists". I can't do anything without being able to login to my account.

10 REPLIES 10

Scout202

SIM card came in the mail today.

Activated SIM card. 

Inserted SIM card into an unlocked used iPhone 8.

Deposited my payment voucher into my Public Mobile account.

Now:

SIM passcode doesn't work, need the PUK code

Public PIN to get into my online account doesn't work, can't get the PUK

Since I'm activating today, I don't have a last bill number, I don't even know if the phone number is associated with it yet, I can't verify my identity with any credentials. Seems as though I can't even post this as a unique question without logging in, which I can't do. 

@Scout202 

What are you trying to do, exactly?

I notice you posted on a prior thread - is there something we (the Community of other users) might be able to assist you with?

Let us know either by continuing on this thread, or posting a new question on a new thread by clicking here

Scout202

I can't get into Community to walk through any of these steps because I entered my PIN incorrectly, and I don't know it.

@HALIMACS 

The easiest way to link them is to change your community email to the one used for your selfserve, but you can still have them linked even when they are different, i heard but never did it myself (why not just have the same when it's so easy) by contacting moderators, and you may have to do it twice (if it doesn't work the first renewal after linking)

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Quinn_Harris wrote:

I created an account about a week ago to order my sim card. My sim card came in and I want to activate it but I can't login. I've tried every password I can think of. I tried doing the password reset but then when it asks for my email it says "unable to verify email address". I try creating an account just in case my account was deleted or something but when I enter my phone number it says "number not recognized or account already exists". I can't do anything without being able to login to my account.

Hi @Quinn_Harris your sim card came with a little brochure on how to activate your sim card.  You should have followed those steps.  Not to worry, here's how and what you will need to activate your sim card.

What You Will Need

1. Unlocked phone that’s compatible with Public Mobile’s network (check here to ensure compatibility). https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started
  2. Public Mobile SIM card. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started
  3. Preferred plan in mind. https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
  4. We accept the following credit cards, registered to a Canadian address: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept VISA debit cards and Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.

All set? Visit activate.publicmobile.cahttps://activate.publicmobile.ca/

If you choose to transfer your phone number from another provider 

Please call our Porting Team at **

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folder

Welcome to Public Mobile and season's greetings! 🎄🎄🎄

Hi @kselmak & @Quinn_Harris 

You can certainly use different e-mails, however doing so between the Community and Self-Serve will not link Community activity with your Self-Service account, thus you'll forfeit any Community Rewards you may earn if you plan to be active in the Community Forums.

To confirm the e-mail you used to register with the Community, click on your avatar to the top right of the envelope, select My Profile, and scroll down to personal information.

Cheers!!!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Quinn_Harris 

You will create your selfserve account during the sim activation, you can use the same email for community, selfserve,  sim purchase account, but you don't have to.

Welcome to Publicmobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Quinn_Harris : That SIM card ordering "account" has no relation to activating the SIM or this community.

Click the big Activate link up top and go through the activation process with your SIM and payment method in hand. That will create both the self-serve account and the community account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Quinn_Harris 

I think you might be a bit confused.

There are two accounts.

1 the community forum account which you're posting on.

2 the self serve account. You only get this once you activate a sim card.

Go to link below to activate your sim card.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Quinn_Harris wrote:

Maybe a typo when activating.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the question mark ? in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.