cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked sim

tylor2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I locked myself out of my SIM card, used all my attempts so I bought a new sim I need to know how to put my old number on my new sim and activate it with the plan and minutes I already paid for??? Someone please help!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tylor2  No need to switch sim. Sounds like you phone is locked to your previous provider. Switching Sims will not good this. 

You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.

If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

@tylor2....You'll have to contact a moderator for their assistance now. Click the ? in lower right side of page to start the process.

Alternative is to click Get Help at top of this page.

If all else fails....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tylor2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried logging in to my account but I forgot my password so then I also couldn’t remember my security question 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you have your valid Username and Password for original sim...just wait for an hour and try again. You get locked out after several unsuccessful tries.

If your old account was Suspended for greater than 90 days...it's gone for good and you'd need a new sim and start fresh with a new account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tylor2 You can change your SIM from within your self service account. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1585087969158.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Triguy_1-1585087969184.png

Need Help? Let's chat.