cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local phone calls not working

username01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Earlier today I lost the ability to receive or make phone calls on my LG G3. Any time I try to make a phone call, it tells me that I do not have "an active long distance add-on". The problem is that all phone calls I'm trying to make are local (either 647/416 numbers in Toronto). It also is not an issue of these numbers being out of province, they are literally right beside my own phone. 

I've already tried putting 1 or +1 in front of phone numbers or resetting APN settings, in addition to turning off the phone for an hour, and removing the SIM card and resetting. Is there any known way to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If you are on one of teh two limited plans then if your minutes run out the minute counter will dissapear.

if this is the case buy the 500min canda minutes for $5 and calling will work again. 

If you are not on the the limited plan then we can try to troubleshoot other things.

I like that idea and even if you have to contact a moderator, it may give you minutes until you have your issue solved. Only $5?

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

400 International Long Distance minutes - $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes - $8

500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes - $5

@mimmo wrote:

If you are on one of teh two limited plans then if your minutes run out the minute counter will dissapear.

if this is the case buy the 500min canda minutes for $5 and calling will work again. 

If you are not on the the limited plan then we can try to troubleshoot other things.

I like that idea and even if you have to contact a moderator, it may give you minutes until you have your issue solved. Only $5?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@username01 check in the data and addon section if no minutes are showing you are out of them

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@username01 wrote:

Earlier today I lost the ability to receive or make phone calls on my LG G3. Any time I try to make a phone call, it tells me that I do not have "an active long distance add-on". The problem is that all phone calls I'm trying to make are local (either 647/416 numbers in Toronto). It also is not an issue of these numbers being out of province, they are literally right beside my own phone. 

I've already tried putting 1 or +1 in front of phone numbers or resetting APN settings, in addition to turning off the phone for an hour, and removing the SIM card and resetting. Is there any known way to fix this?

@username01  Are you on a limited minutes call plan? If yes, did you check to make sure you have available minutes? The minutes counter can be accessed by using your selfserve account website.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@username01 hi are you on the 10 or 15 dollar plan ,that mesage sounds like your out of minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.