cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local call error

STong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since last week, when I do outgoing calls, it keeps telling me that my call cannot be complete because I don't have a active long distance plan. But I am calling my son which is local. Can anyone assist? I have a $10.00 per month plan.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

'Local talk' in terms of landline phones does not exist at Public Mobile.  Old landlines could call locally across provincial boundaries, even into different area codes because they were geographically 'local' to the area.

The minimum $10 plan has a 'free' call for 50 minutes (always rounded up to the next full minute) for combined usage of incoming and outgoing calls to anywhere in Canada.

If you truly still have minutes remaining in your plan, the same error message will happen if you misdial the number.  Please try redialing directly, or updating your contact list info, in case something has changed in that record.

@popping wrote:

@STong wrote:

Since last week, when I do outgoing calls, it keeps telling me that my call cannot be complete because I don't have a active long distance plan. But I am calling my son which is local. Can anyone assist? I have a $10.00 per month plan.

Thanks

The $10 plan has 50 minutes per 30 days cycle.

Login to your self-serve account.

Do you see following usage line at the "My Data & Add-Ons" section

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
4  /  50 MIN

If you don't see this line, you had used all your 50 minutes.

You can purchase the $5 for 500 Canada wide minutes add-on.  Minutes add-on does not have expiry date.  Any unused minutes will be roll-over to next cycle until all your add-on minutes are used.

@STong, can you copy for us the same information that @popping  has made bold in their post I've quoted here?  There will be a difference between the text on your 'regular $10 plan' calling minutes, and that of any add-on quantity of minutes.

kelvinKK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

What is your area code you are going to dial? And, what is your local area code?

Thank

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@STong wrote:

I have check the usage, and I haven't use them all up yet

So you still have remaining minutes but @popping  suggestion of buying the add-on of 500 Canada wide minutes resolved your issue?

Is there any message given to you about the lack of calling ability?

STong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have check the usage, and I haven't use them all up yet

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@STong wrote:

Thanks

The $10 plan has 50 minutes per 30 days cycle.

Login to your self-serve account.

Do you see following usage line at the "My Data & Add-Ons" section

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
4  /  50 MIN

If you don't see this line, you had used all your 50 minutes.

You can purchase the $5 for 500 Canada wide minutes add-on.  Minutes add-on does not have expiry date.  Any unused minutes will be roll-over to next cycle until all your add-on minutes are used.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

if your minutes are gone you can purchase a 500 minute add on they will be on your account until all used up

RossN
Mayor / Maire

have you checked to see if your minutes are used up you only have 50 go into your account to view usage

Need Help? Let's chat.