cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Rewards

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello lovely community! 

I have a theoretical question for you all... What would happen if your monthly legacy rewards discount is greater than the monthly cost of your plan?

17 REPLIES 17

Andy85

Ok that is awesome that the rewards are not lost. We've earned them after all!! Thank you so much to everyone for your insight on this topic!

@Andy85 , 

@BKNS27 was correct. If the rewards amount is greater than your amount due, the remaining after the bill is paid will stay in your account as credit (avaiable funds) 

Andy85

@BKNS27 This is contradictory to what others have mentioned before. Are you referring to the old legacy rewards system?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Andy85 

If your Rewards is greater than your plan. The reminder will stay in your account as credit to pay off the following monthly bill.

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree

The points do have some benefit. Add-ons are "priced" a little less. If you switch over after being here a while then you have a bunch of excess points that you can convert to balance and not have to pay for however long and however much your plan is.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Posted in error

ottawa

@Andy85 wrote:

@ottawa  Yes, it seems like the best solution rather than letting the rewards go to waste. This is the type of dilemma that the folks on the new points system will never understand 😂

Good one. Can't judge them too harshly though, we're not going to get a lot of sympathy for "I get $7/mo right off the top just for doing what I would have done anyway [autopay and stick around after 5 years] and then more for helping friends and helping strangers." while also benefitting from relatively large drops in actual plan prices (e.g. my friend I cited elsewhere who in the last month went from $33 to $22 (net of Rewards) while getting slightly more data and slightly more speed).

"With cheaper plans PM can't afford to be as generous with kickbacks" is all well and good, but we Legacy customers are getting both. 🙂 Of course without those handcuffs I might consider jumping to another 3rd tier carrier using the same towers, so it's a win-win.

ottawa

Posted in error.

Andy85

@ottawa  Yes, it seems like the best solution rather than letting the rewards go to waste. This is the type of dilemma that the folks on the new points system will never understand 😂

I'm sure that's what they would like you to do.

ottawa

Pretty much, yes. If you're getting $26 on a $25 plan, let the $1 go and be happy it's free (I would have trouble doing that, but what are you going to do). If you're getting $31 on a $25 plan, consider jumping on a $34 plan now.

Also consider considering the overage a buffer in case one of your referrals leaves PM. That way you still don't have to pay. 🙂

ottawa

Depending how much it is, get a more expensive plan. 🙂

Andy85

@dust2dust 

So ultimately, the wisest thing to do in order to get the most out of your excess rewards is to increase the cost of your service to find an equilibrium between rewards to cost. 

The former. YMMV

Andy85

@dust2dust Would the excess amount of unused rewards go into some sort of a reserve for future purchases of add-ons for example? Or are they simply lost?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What is being your experience?
This is the official line:
You can earn up to your current plan value in rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you’ve reached the value of your plan you will not receive more rewards until your next renewal cycle.
YMMV

Need Help? Let's chat.