cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Plan with upfront discount converted to plan with reward points - Point conversion not given

koko-onthephone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When my plan converted to the new point rewards system in May, there was a notice that said that any monthly discounted accrued could be converted into rewards points (I forget what the exchange rate was).

All I received was a measly 5 point 'welcome', but when compared to my monthly loyalty + autopay discount of $7, it is incredibly disappointing, and honestly a reason that I might switch away from Public and look for a better alternative that actually keeps to their loyalty programs. 

I thought that my account automatically changing to the new rewards point system would have converted my discount into points, but it looks like it didn't do that at all (unless the 5 point 'welcome bonus' was that conversion of my discount to into points?). Does anyone know if this is correct, or is there a way to get my previous discount as points now?

I changed my account plan because the accumulated discounts made it more reasonable/affordable... and then their silly change to points occurred at the expense of all customers that have actually been loyal, what a shame

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@koko-onthephone 

So in their ultimate kindness (sarcasm inserted), Public Mobile removed the 1 point/month conversion bonus less than 2 days before the official announcement that all legacy customers would be moved to Public Points.

Indeed, their 5 welcome points is all everyone got - 5 points.  🙄

On top of that, our biggest loss is with loyalty, whereas before one could earn $60 per year in discounts - but now, it's capped at $10 per year, regardless of how long a customers one has been.

Yippee, eh?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@koko-onthephone , I think your are referring to a loyalty perk that was eliminated as part of the rewards program revamp.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@koko-onthephone 

Your account should show 5 point plus 5% plus any referrals in point of your monthly bill. If your annual loyalty date is coming up. You will receive additional 10 points.

Once you have 15 points, you can redeem it for a $15 credit off your bill.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Old rewards are NOT converted to points.

Now you get 5% off your plan in points, 10 points at anniversary, points for referrals and maybe some points as Community rewards.

All that has to accumulate to 15+ points in order to convert them to money.

Autopay, loyalty rewards ($) are gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.