cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leftover funds when porting out to another provider

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I port out to another provider tomorrow, I will have unused funds left on my account. Is there a way to get those funds back? 

7 REPLIES 7

If your PM account is suspended (through non-payment) for long enough, it gets terminated.

If your number is ported to another provider (even Telus or Koodo), your PM account gets terminated.

Permanently terminated. Forever. Irrevocable. No exceptions. No turning back.

Any "available funds" balance deposited into the account are lost.

And any Rewards, Points, add-ons, promo bonuses attached to the account are lost. Non-refundable, non-returnable, non-transferable, strictly prepaid with no pro-rated credit. Leftovers are part of the trap which keeps people reluctant to leave on a whim.

The SIM card attached to the account is deactivated (and de-registered). And any user-data stored on the SIM card is locked out - with a deactivated (non-valid) user PIN which can no longer be changed or re-issued, lol if you store contacts, msgs, photos, or any other data on the SIM card then you'd better pull them off before quitting.

The phone number attached to the account is also lost, unless of course it's successfully ported to another provider.

The phone itself is entirely unaffected. It can be used with any carrier. PM has no claim on your hardware, no carrier-lock coded into your firmware, no apps or services (or telemetry) installed in your software.

You could always rejoin PM - you can even port your number back to PM from another provider - as a new customer with a new account, starting from scratch again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BDW 

Sorry there are no refunds for prepaid funds. Are your available funds significant? Or would they at least cover the minimum plan amount of $15? Why not take a temporary number with your new provider and test out their service? That way if you are unhappy with it you will save the hassle of porting out from them and you will not have lost your credit and any associated rewards with your pm account. You can call forward your pm number to your new temporary phone number so you won't miss any calls to your pm number while you check out your new service. If you have new device contract you have 15 days to change your mind and return the device and cancel penalty free.

There have been many customers who have returned to pm regretting porting out to a new provider that did not live up to their promises.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@JL9 wrote:

Unfortunately not, nor can you transfer your funds to another PM account any longer either, which used to be an option 

That was never officially an option.  Please remember that when a customer agent does something such as this, it is decided upon often on a case-by-case basis, and there should not be an expectation of these exceptions being made the norm.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately not, nor can you transfer your funds to another PM account any longer either, which used to be an option 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BDW 

I would suggest you port out on your renewal date as there are no refund on the PM prepaid service.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@BDW 

I also want to mention once your number has been ported out, your account at PM will be closed automatically.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@BDW 

There are no refunds here. It is all prepaid.

76B74527-5746-4221-9EC8-BB7EA665A74D.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.